Woodnet Forums
Vintage Hand Saws / Price Reduction - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Vintage Hand Saws / Price Reduction (/showthread.php?tid=7338661)

Vintage Hand Saws / Price Reduction - Mike Brady - 04-04-2018

Older saws are rare in this condition.  Here are two of E. C. Atkins' finest saws, No. 51's, that were acquired from one well-known collector.  As he used to say: "I like shiny!"  Atkins saws were made right downtown in Indianapolis, IN. where the USPS facility now sits. 
The first one is a NOS, or new-old-stock No.51, 22" panel saw, filed 10 ppi cross-cut.  NOS means it has the original box, packing and was never used.  Premier makers, even though they can't taper-grind a saw plate the way this one is, are getting $275. to $350. for their's today.  The handle is apple. There are a few small black spots on the reverse side of the saw plate. I would guess that this saw was made in the late forties to fiftiesl.[Image: IMG_0183.jpg][Image: IMG_0181.jpg][Image: IMG_0178.jpg][Image: IMG_0187.jpg][Image: IMG_0186.jpg][Image: IMG_0194.jpg][Image: IMG_0195.jpg]

This is the same model family and vintage  as the saw above, the No.51; only this one made it out of the box and then apparently hung on a peg, possibly unused.  It is still sharp.  Same apple handle as the other saw and the 26" full plate is filed 8ppi crosscut.  These two saws make a great set for the hand tool woodworker to have near the bench. 

Payable through Pay Pal .  I also had custom boxes made for shipping and storage of the saws.
[Image: IMG_0173.jpg][Image: IMG_0175.jpg][Image: IMG_0176.jpg][Image: IMG_0190.jpg][Image: IMG_0177.jpg]Plate is much brighter than this photo shows.

RE: Hand Saws in exceptional condition -- Price Change - Mike Brady - 04-06-2018

Ok,  let's try something else to get these beautiful saws sold:
-Both saws shipped together in one box (not the original NOS box) for a total cost of $250., delivered.
                                                                                -or-
-Either saw for $125.00 plus $18.00 Priority shipping. In this case the NOS panel saw will come with all of the original packaging, inside a special shipping box.

RE: Hand Saws in exceptional condition -- Price Change - Arlin Eastman - 04-07-2018

(04-06-2018, 08:59 AM)Mike Brady Wrote: Ok,  let's try something else to get these beautiful saws sold:
-Both saws shipped together in one box (not the original NOS box) for a total cost of $250., delivered.
                                                                                -or-
-Either saw for $125.00 plus $18.00 Priority shipping. In this case the NOS panel saw will come with all of the original packaging, inside a special shipping box.

They are sure nice Mike!!

Wish I had the funds.

RE: Hand Saws in exceptional condition -- Price Change - Mike Brady - 04-07-2018

(04-06-2018, 08:59 AM)Mike Brady Wrote: Ok,  let's try something else to get these beautiful saws sold:
                                                                                -or-

The saws are now on reserve by a Woodnetter.  I will still take questions and comments about them.