Woodnet Forums
HF multi tool - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: HF multi tool (/showthread.php?tid=7339260)

Pages: 1 2 3

HF multi tool - MarkSingleton - 04-29-2018

Got the variable speed Harbor Freight multi tool ( with 20 percent coupon naturally )
to bail me out of a jam. 

Had laid laminate flooring a shade too close together at a
doorway. The tool allowed me to shave off just enough to get the gap into the range
needed for the t molding installation. 

Sure, I would love to have the Fein version. But for the little use it will get around here
I am calling this one another HF gem.

I can see other uses for it in my future. Doubtless I will spring for more expensive 
( better made ) blades/cutters for it as well.

Just a heads up/fyi.

Smile

RE: HF multi tool - R Clark - 04-29-2018

I've had the single speed version for years now.  It won't die.

I've used it on flooring, cabinetry, roofing sheet metal, and drywall.  I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things.

RE: HF multi tool - Kreuzie - 04-29-2018

(04-29-2018, 06:41 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote: Got the variable speed Harbor Freight multi tool ( with 20 percent coupon naturally )
to bail me out of a jam. 

Had laid laminate flooring a shade too close together at a
doorway. The tool allowed me to shave off just enough to get the gap into the range
needed for the t molding installation. 

Sure, I would love to have the Fein version. But for the little use it will get around here
I am calling this one another HF gem.

I can see other uses for it in my future. Doubtless I will spring for more expensive 
( better made ) blades/cutters for it as well.

Just a heads up/fyi.

Smile

Try this: 

https://www.multitoolworld.com/

Good prices, good quality, 5 days from the Netherlands.

RE: HF multi tool - oscarMadison - 04-29-2018

(04-29-2018, 07:37 PM)WxMan Wrote: I've had the single speed version for years now.  It won't die.

I've used it on flooring, cabinetry, roofing sheet metal, and drywall.  I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things.

yep, love mine. Used and abused mine on all sorts of jobs since I got it 10 years ago. Dropped it from 9 or 10 feet up, no problem.

RE: HF multi tool - vapochilled - 04-29-2018

(04-29-2018, 07:37 PM)WxMan Wrote: I've had the single speed version for years now.  It won't die.

I've a couple of "corded" tools from HF that are that way, this being one, 9" grinder being another.
I bought them for one job because it was cheaper than renting, and they refuse to do what HF tools are supposed to do......die

RE: HF multi tool - johndi - 04-29-2018

I have the cheapo model and keep finding more uses for it. Really handy tool.

RE: HF multi tool - splinter7612 - 04-30-2018

Are those prices in Euros?

RE: HF multi tool - Snipe Hunter - 04-30-2018

My HF multi tool just died. The machine still vibrates but the blade doesn't. Got my $19.00 worth many times over. I'll get another one.

RE: HF multi tool - Dusty Workshop - 04-30-2018

I am on my second.
The blades cost more than the tool over the life of it.
I have found decent blades on Amazon

RE: HF multi tool - joe1086 - 04-30-2018

Mine didn't survive the drop test, but performed more than adequately for several years...good buy.

Coincidentally my HF right angle drill smoked after the drilling about 10 holes with a 2" hole saw...not a good buy.