Woodnet Forums
My Tool Rack - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: My Tool Rack (/showthread.php?tid=7342395)

Pages: 1 2

My Tool Rack - Byrom - 09-12-2018

Hello, all.

I’ve been reading woodnet for a few years, only hand tools, really. I don’t remember formally introducing myself and I haven’t posted much at all. I don’t suppose I feel exactly “qualified”. (Silly, I know.)

Anyway, here’s a picture of a tool rack I built last year. I like threads with pictures of in-progress and competed projects, so maybe you’ll enjoy seeing mine.

RE: My Tool Rack - Skip J. - 09-12-2018

(09-12-2018, 09:23 AM)Byrom Wrote: Hello, all.

I’ve been reading woodnet for a few years, only hand tools, really.  I don’t remember formally introducing myself and I haven’t posted much at all.  I don’t suppose I feel exactly “qualified”.   (Silly, I know.)

Anyway, here’s a picture of a tool rack I built last year.  I like threads with pictures of in-progress and competed projects, so maybe you’ll enjoy seeing mine.
Hi Byrom;
Welcome (belated) to the forum! From the looks of your handtools you're a lot more qualified than many of us here..  We will enjoy seeing your pics! Bring'em on....

RE: My Tool Rack - brianwelch - 09-12-2018

(09-12-2018, 09:23 AM)Byrom Wrote: Hello, all.

I’ve been reading woodnet for a few years, only hand tools, really.  I don’t remember formally introducing myself and I haven’t posted much at all.  I don’t suppose I feel exactly “qualified”.   (Silly, I know.)

Anyway, here’s a picture of a tool rack I built last year.  I like threads with pictures of in-progress and competed projects, so maybe you’ll enjoy seeing mine.

Nice Rack!

Smile

RE: My Tool Rack - Admiral - 09-12-2018

Nice selection of high quality vintage tools, you've got a good eye!

RE: My Tool Rack - hbmcc - 09-12-2018

Welcome! and, like they say, "nice rack!. Curious.... Is there a special tool for the top, middle pocket? 

Besides the kudos, you might want to add a backboard before that fantastic paneling is mangled. 

Bruce

RE: My Tool Rack - titanxt - 09-12-2018

Awesome tool rack!! I like the color, especially against the lighter wood paneling. Nicely done!!

RE: My Tool Rack - MarkSingleton - 09-13-2018

Welcome aboard!! Recent thread about plane storage prompts
a question regarding your rack. How are they held in place?

RE: My Tool Rack - BrokenOlMarine - 09-13-2018

I made a wall rack for frequently used tools near my work bench, but just hung them on pegs, except for a select few.  A group a small saws and such went on magnets. 
Big Grin   Your design contrasts nicely with the paneled background, and keeps the tools organized and at hand. A win. 
Laugh

RE: My Tool Rack - ZachDillinger - 09-13-2018

Looks great and seems like it would be highly functional. Well done!

RE: My Tool Rack - Bill_Houghton - 09-13-2018

Nice design, and what looks to be a good selection of tools (I see you're also a fan of Spofford braces).  One comment: you've got a lot of sharp edges hanging down there, just above what looks to be a bench.  You might consider adding an extension to the bottom of the rack and a board across to protect those edges from damage, and your hands from damage if you're reaching toward the back of the bench.  Maybe even some sheet plastic (acrylic or the like) as a guard.