Woodnet Forums
I can't remember the tool seller.... - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: I can't remember the tool seller.... (/showthread.php?tid=7342457)

Pages: 1 2

I can't remember the tool seller.... - titanxt - 09-14-2018

Several years ago, I purchased a nice, no-name square (like the Starrett double square) from a tool supplier out east. I wanted to say they were in New York or maybe New Jersey??? They sold seconds and other such things. I cannot remember the name of the company. I know that is not much to go on, but maybe someone will remember.

Thank you!

Andy

RE: I can't remember the tool seller.... - Admiral - 09-14-2018

(09-14-2018, 01:20 PM)titanxt Wrote: Several years ago, I purchased a nice, no-name square (like the Starrett double square) from a tool supplier out east. I wanted to say they were in New York or maybe New Jersey??? They sold seconds and other such things. I cannot remember the name of the company. I know that is not much to go on, but maybe someone will remember.

Thank you!

Andy

Although in KC, Harry Epstein sells a lot of PEC blems.... https://www.harryepstein.com/index.php/6-double-square-16r-usa.html

RE: I can't remember the tool seller.... - bandit571 - 09-14-2018

Garrett Wade?  Maybe?

RE: I can't remember the tool seller.... - titanxt - 09-14-2018

Harry Epstein for the win!!! That was it. Thank you very much! Andy

RE: I can't remember the tool seller.... - titanxt - 09-14-2018

I see they don't have the 4" model currently. I assume their stock comes and goes, correct?

RE: I can't remember the tool seller.... - Phil Thien - 09-14-2018

PEC is good stuff, not no-name by a long shot.

RE: I can't remember the tool seller.... - Admiral - 09-14-2018

(09-14-2018, 02:05 PM)titanxt Wrote: I see they don't have the 4" model currently. I assume their stock comes and goes, correct?

Yeah, pretty much; right now they have the one I linked, which is the 16r that is not really optimal for woodworking.  They are blems, so you have to watch; it may take a while....  

And yes, PEC are very good squares, a bit clunky but they are square and stay square.

RE: I can't remember the tool seller.... - wing nut - 09-14-2018

(09-14-2018, 01:29 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Garrett Wade?  Maybe?

If you get pec squares get extra pins they break easliy.

RE: I can't remember the tool seller.... - Phil Thien - 09-14-2018

(09-14-2018, 04:14 PM)wing nut Wrote: If you get pec squares get extra pins they break easliy.

Are you talking about the lock bolt?

Or the scriber pin?

RE: I can't remember the tool seller.... - Enigmatic - 09-14-2018

(09-14-2018, 02:03 PM)titanxt Wrote: Harry Epstein for the win!!! That was it. Thank you very much! Andy

KC is a long way from NY or NJ.
Rolleyes