Woodnet Forums
Selling of Roses is done for this year. Will go again in Feb and May - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Selling of Roses is done for this year. Will go again in Feb and May (/showthread.php?tid=7342624)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Looking for interest in the wooden roses I make - zapdafish - 09-24-2018

darn, not even close to $15 an hour?

beautiful work.

RE: Looking for interest in the wooden roses I make - greenacres2 - 09-24-2018

Ariln,
I sent a reply to your PM. Thanks!!
earl

RE: Looking for interest in the wooden roses I make - Arlin Eastman - 09-24-2018

(09-24-2018, 10:26 AM)sniper Wrote: Arlin, how long are the stems?  I may try turning a vase for mine this week.

Sniper

I make mine 8" deep.  The stems are 12" and are trimmed by cutting off the metal at different lengths to make them look like a great arrangement.  I also send with all of them a 14" long piece of rice grass which is fake and can gently curl the leaves to give them a curl look or leave them.

Also thank you everyone for the nice comments.

So far we are about $650 in sales and hope to still make the $1500.  Part of it will go to pay for the Non Profit 5101c3 so we can set up shop the City told us they will give us a building once we have it.

RE: Looking for interest in the wooden roses I make - mound - 09-24-2018

(09-20-2018, 06:48 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I sold 20 dozen or so two years ago with vases as an option.

I need about $1500 in tools and other things for teaching the vets so I thought I would try it again this year.

I have about 18 dozen slowly made the last 20 months and will show pictures of what I have if anyone wishes.

The price was $10 each but I will sell them for less this year for around $7 each and they cost $2.25 to make each one and takes an hour and ten minutes for each one.

Let me know what you think Please.

I'd buy my wife a dozen of these but then she'd wonder why I didn't make them myself, being a woodworker and all. 

interested in a $$ contribution for "how to"?  

probably not.. I have no interest in doing what you're doing (making lots and selling to others) but I'd love to help your cause AND make my wife a vase full of them.

RE: Looking for interest in the wooden roses I make - Arlin Eastman - 09-24-2018

(09-24-2018, 06:58 PM)mound Wrote: I'd buy my wife a dozen of these but then she'd wonder why I didn't make them myself, being a woodworker and all. 

interested in a $$ contribution for "how to"?  

probably not.. I have no interest in doing what you're doing (making lots and selling to others) but I'd love to help your cause AND make my wife a vase full of them.

I will give you the advice for free and even a rose I messed up.  It is a LONG learning process and even now after making 400+ it still takes me 1 hour and 20 minutes and $2.20 or around there to buy the resources.

You let me know and I will mail a defect on out to you by sending me a pm.  The beginning investment in colors and tools and wood is about $275 or so and that was 4 years ago.

RE: Looking for interest in the wooden roses I make - Arlin Eastman - 09-26-2018

I am totally out of #1 and #3 roses and if anyone would like a nice choice then get the #8 or any of the othes.

I am also out of #1 Red Roses and will have to make more and that is a long process and not going to make this sale

Sorry for anyone that will want them now.

Could you pleas make another choice then the two.  It seems I made to many Pink, Blue, Purple, Green, and Violet.

I do have quite a few of the Natural ones or #11

Thank you everyone for the help

RE: Looking for interest in the wooden roses I make - greenacres2 - 09-26-2018

Arlin--mine arrived today, amazing to look at in person!! Thanks so much for the quick turn-around and a HUGE thanks to your Wife for getting them to the Post Office on Monday!!
earl

RE: Looking for interest in the wooden roses I make - sniper - 09-26-2018

(09-26-2018, 05:44 PM)greenacres2 Wrote: Arlin--mine arrived today, amazing to look at in person!! Thanks so much for the quick turn-around and a HUGE thanks to your Wife for getting them to the Post Office on Monday!!
earl

+1 Was very surprised they got here today, thank you. They look great.

RE: Looking for interest in the wooden roses I make - Arlin Eastman - 09-26-2018

(09-26-2018, 06:20 PM)sniper Wrote: +1  Was very surprised they got here today, thank you.  They look great.

Thanks guys.  She just gave me the tracking numbers.  Go figure my sweetheart.
Laugh

I had to order more boxes and packing bubbles to.

RE: Looking for interest in the wooden roses I make - Arlin Eastman - 09-29-2018

To let everyone know

**************************************************************************************
                                                                                                                                                     *
I made my first purchase yesterday for us and it felt so good just getting part of what we need               *
                                                                                                                                                      *
Thank you so much                                                                                                                          *
                                                                                                                                                      *
****************************************************************************************

Also to let everyone know this   OCT 1st

I will be having a sale on the following Numbers since I have not sold any and well we need the funds and I do
not need them sitting around.

#5, #6, #7, #10, and #11 What I do not have listed and forgot about is an Orange one I call Pumpkin which I will also make a sale of.

The sale is $5.00 each.        *  Amount corrected since I fat fingered the $5 to a $4.  Everyone who has ordered at the $4 amount will get the roses for that amount.  My fault!                *

Thank you everyone for your wonderful support on this.