Woodnet Forums
Cutting board question - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Cutting board question (/showthread.php?tid=7342804)

Pages: 1 2

Cutting board question - Big Dave - 09-30-2018

Yesterday while putzing around in the kitchen I noticed that my cutting board was starting to show some wear. Imagine my disappointment since I've only been using it for the last 34 years...
Crazy

So, I started browsing and found one I'd like to replace it with. I was also thinking I'd like to make this one myself (I bought the current one when I got out of the Navy...). I could probably figure out how it was made, but I thought I'd check to see if anyone has, or knows where I can find, the plans for this? 

Why re-invent the wheel, right?
Winkgrin

Thanks, guys!
Dave

RE: Cutting board question - Herb - 09-30-2018

Just Google 3D cutting board on Youtube.  There are plenty of them.

RE: Cutting board question - Big Dave - 09-30-2018

Thanks, Herb!

I can't believe I didn't think of that...
Sarcasm

RE: Cutting board question - hbmcc - 09-30-2018

Are you sure you want to get visually disoriented and cut your thumb off? 
Big Grin

RE: Cutting board question - Gary G™ - 09-30-2018

Lumberjocks.com has many versions of this.

RE: Cutting board question - Big Dave - 09-30-2018

Thanks, Guys!
Big Grin

And thanks for thinkin' I have a knife sharp enough to remove a thumb...
Winkgrin

Dave

RE: Cutting board question - EdL - 09-30-2018

(09-30-2018, 10:37 AM)hbmcc Wrote: Are you sure you want to get visually disoriented and cut your thumb off? 
Big Grin

Always been my concern on those types of cutting boards, not a good place for a visual distraction.

Ed

RE: Cutting board question - FS7 - 10-01-2018

While I don't know if that would present a visual distraction, you might find that it's a bit "loud" and it really doesn't go well in many kitchens. 

If you want a challenge, consider a cutting board with curved inlays. They aren't actually inlays and go all the way through, but it will let you practice some bandsaw and router skills as well.

The 3D cutting board is just a lot of table sawing. The angles are all 60 degrees (I think) and it's a bunch of cutting, gluing, ripping, and repeating.

RE: Cutting board question - Wipedout - 10-01-2018

Heck out mtm wood. https://www.youtube.com/user/mtmwood

RE: Cutting board question - Kansas City Fireslayer - 10-01-2018

Cool design for sure but I’d be afraid of cutting my fingers off using a board like this. I like to relax when I cook. End grain maple is about as crazy as I get.