Woodnet Forums
Need a 2018 penny - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Need a 2018 penny (/showthread.php?tid=7343446)

Pages: 1 2

Need a 2018 penny - joemac - 10-05-2018

I haven't been around for a while.  Typical and usual old people reasons.

My son is in college and in a fraternity. Not the Animal House fraternity, his fraternity has the highest GPA on campus.   They  lead the university in service hours, with their service mainly going to the V.A., service doge for wounded warriors, and Habitat for Humanity. Last weekend, my son helped paint a house for Habitat For Humanity, then on Sunday, after church with the frat, they went to a local highway and cleaned litter.  These are really outstanding young men.

Next Saturday is Frat parents day.  There will be a silent auction to benefit the fraternity, and parents have been asked to donate something of minor value for the auction.  I built a simple QSWO box. Not leaving good enough alone, I  have had the university symbol lazered into the top of the lid, and the Frat letters into the underside of the lid.  For many years, whenever I build something, I glue a coin into it in an inconspicuous place.  This one has been inlet on the bottom for a penny.  Guess who can't find a 2018 penny????

Does anyone happen to have such a penny?  I will gladly pay a premium plus postage if one can be located.

TIA,  Joe

RE: Need a 2018 penny - MarkSingleton - 10-05-2018

How far is the nearest bank?
Or ask the manager at the grocery store
during a slow period. I bet there is one
nearer you than you think.

Heck, post in the wanted section of craigslist.
Just get the message out, as you did here.
Someone will have one....

oh, and welcome back!!

RE: Need a 2018 penny - Randy B. - 10-05-2018

Holding one now.

PM me an addy, and it will be on the way

rkb

RE: Need a 2018 penny - CLETUS - 10-05-2018

(10-05-2018, 09:37 AM)joemac Wrote: Does anyone happen to have such a penny?  I will gladly pay a premium plus postage if one can be located.

I have one and can drop it in the mail today.

RE: Need a 2018 penny - Timberwolf - 10-05-2018

(10-05-2018, 09:37 AM)joemac Wrote: I haven't been around for a while.  Typical and usual old people reasons.

My son is in college and in a fraternity. Not the Animal House fraternity, his fraternity has the highest GPA on campus.   They  lead the university in service hours, with their service mainly going to the V.A., service doge for wounded warriors, and Habitat for Humanity. Last weekend, my son helped paint a house for Habitat For Humanity, then on Sunday, after church with the frat, they went to a local highway and cleaned litter.  These are really outstanding young men.

Next Saturday is Frat parents day.  There will be a silent auction to benefit the fraternity, and parents have been asked to donate something of minor value for the auction.  I built a simple QSWO box. Not leaving good enough alone, I  have had the university symbol lazered into the top of the lid, and the Frat letters into the underside of the lid.  For many years, whenever I build something, I glue a coin into it in an inconspicuous place.  This one has been inlet on the bottom for a penny.  Guess who can't find a 2018 penny????

Does anyone happen to have such a penny?  I will gladly pay a premium plus postage if one can be located.

TIA,  Joe
Good to see you're stick kicking Joe...Welcome back and good on your son !!!!!!
Yes
Winkgrin

RE: Need a 2018 penny - joemac - 10-05-2018

I tried the banks and zip.  Can you believe that they don't "take" change in many banks?  They have a machine in the bank that cost you to use.  You deposit your coins and get a ticket that ylu bring to the teller for cash.  The machines are owned by private companies who service them

I live in Chicago.  There are no small grocery stores, just giant chain stores.  Cashieres will take a glance in their cash drawer but the people standing in line behind you get cranky.  (Ask me how I know this.)

Anyway, I PM'd Randy and hopefully will have mt penny on the way.

Thanks to all!

(10-05-2018, 10:20 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: Good to see you're stick kicking Joe...Welcome back and good on your son !!!!!!
Yes  
Winkgrin

Thanks Jack.  Nice to "see" some old faces still in the mix.

RE: Need a 2018 penny - Bill_Houghton - 10-05-2018

(10-05-2018, 12:36 PM)joemac Wrote: I live in Chicago...the people standing in line behind you get cranky.  (Ask me how I know this.)

Well...you do live in Chicago, after all, the most Midwestern of the East Coast cities.  I bet in, say, one of the small towns in Wisconsin, everybody in line, once they knew why you were looking for a 2018 penny, would be checking their pockets/handbags, seeing if they had a penny for you.

Instead, you came to this small online town, and got two offers about immediately.

(10-05-2018, 01:14 PM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: Well...you do live in Chicago, after all, the most Midwestern of the East Coast cities.  I bet in, say, one of the small towns in Wisconsin, everybody in line, once they knew why you were looking for a 2018 penny, would be checking their pockets/handbags, seeing if they had a penny for you.

Instead, you came to this small online town, and got two offers about immediately.

Bill, I was in Wisconsin last weekend. I went to all three banks. They still have change.  After about a fifteen minute search in each, no joy.  I LOVE northern Wisconsin, especially the people. It is a sense of community that I have never felt in my 70+ years living in Chicago.  Those folks up north wave hello with all five fingers, not just the middle one like in Chicago.

We have three grocery stores, two small chain stores and Super Wal-Fart that is putting the other two to the test.  They had little time to look and I understand why.

RE: Need a 2018 penny - Bill_Houghton - 10-05-2018

Joe,

Sent you a private message, unrelated to pennies (since you've got that covered).

Bill