Woodnet Forums
Bandsaw Blade - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Bandsaw Blade (/showthread.php?tid=7345677)

Pages: 1 2

Bandsaw Blade - Tapper - 01-14-2019

I'm looking for a good "general purpose" blade for the classic old Walker Turner 16" bandsaw I'm restoring, maybe 3/8" width? Have another larger bandsaw for resawing. 

Would appreciate recommendations.

Thanks,

Doug

RE: Bandsaw Blade - jteneyck - 01-14-2019

Olson MVP (bimetal) or Starrett bimetal 3/8" x 4 tpi are good and last a very long time.  Lennox Diemaster 2 is another option.   

John

RE: Bandsaw Blade - Tapper - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 09:45 AM)jteneyck Wrote: Olson MVP (bimetal) or Starrett bimetal 3/8" x 4 tpi are good and last a very long time.  Lennox Diemaster 2 is another option.   

John

Thanks John. Do you buy these at Amazon or is there a vendor you like and I can afford? 
Smile

Doug

RE: Bandsaw Blade - SteveS - 01-14-2019

I think the most commonly used blade I have is a 3/4" x 3 TPI. It's good for cutting small logs and fairly thick wet stock and rough sizing. My blades range from 1/4" up to 1-1/4" depending on the specific use. Lenox is my preferred brand.

RE: Bandsaw Blade - Wildwood - 01-14-2019

These folks might have what you need for just general bandsaw use!

http://www.woodcraftbands.com/

RE: Bandsaw Blade - jteneyck - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 11:52 AM)Tapper Wrote: Thanks John. Do you buy these at Amazon or is there a vendor you like and I can afford? 
Smile

Doug

I buy Lennox blades from Bandsaw Blades Direct, Olson directly from Olson, and the Starrett coils I have were gifted to me so I have no clue where to get them.  But I can tell you that of all of the them, Starrett is my favorite because it cuts well and lasts a really long time.  Olson MVP are also durable but the cut isn't as smooth.  The Diemaster 2 had the shortest life, surprisingly.   

John

RE: Bandsaw Blade - AgGEM - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 04:49 PM)Wildwood Wrote: These folks might have what you need for just general bandsaw use!

http://www.woodcraftbands.com/

Yeper.
Ag

RE: Bandsaw Blade - nodima - 01-15-2019

(01-14-2019, 12:08 AM)Tapper Wrote: I'm looking for a good "general purpose" blade for the classic old Walker Turner 16" bandsaw I'm restoring, maybe 3/8" width? Have another larger bandsaw for resawing. 

Thanks,

Doug

Been quite happy with the Starrett blades I've got from Iturra for my W-T 16. FWIW - mine have been 114" for that saw, but there is some flexibility on length.

RE: Bandsaw Blade - Jack01 - 01-19-2019

(01-14-2019, 12:08 AM)Tapper Wrote: I'm looking for a good "general purpose" blade for the classic old Walker Turner 16" bandsaw I'm restoring, maybe 3/8" width? Have another larger bandsaw for resawing. 

Thanks,

Doug

Check local supplier for Bandsaw blades.Not sure where  you are from but usually most of the town have local metal supply shop who sales bandsaw blade. Lenox is popular brand but there few other good brands. The local shop will custom cut to fit your bandsaw. Let them know what are you looking for such as width, TPI, thickness and they will find a good match. 
I have been buying bandsaw blades from local suppliers for last 12 years without any issues. They are cost competitive and available immediately.
Woodslicer, Timberwolf  and other known brands are good but delivered price can get expensive. plus you have to wait.  
Local supplier can find matching baldes.
Google search will be your friend.

RE: Bandsaw Blade - Big Dave - 01-20-2019

I really like Supercut blades.

They are made right up the road from me in Rathdrum, Idaho, and have always performed extremely well...
Yes
Yes

Dave