Woodnet Forums
Joe Woodworker / Veneer Supplies.com ? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Joe Woodworker / Veneer Supplies.com ? (/showthread.php?tid=7346160)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Joe Woodworker / Veneer Supplies.com ? - Stwood_ - 02-02-2019

Looks to be Open for Business??

RE: Joe Woodworker / Veneer Supplies.com ? - fredhargis - 02-03-2019

Glad to see that.

RE: Joe Woodworker / Veneer Supplies.com ? - jstraw - 02-03-2019

Submitted an order this morning. I had recently finished the vacuum kit construction and now need the glue and other supplies. The kit and it’s instructions worked flawless.

RE: Joe Woodworker / Veneer Supplies.com ? - museumguy - 02-03-2019

Great to see him back open. I hope it all goes well for his business. I sent an encouraging email, hope it helps.

RE: Joe Woodworker / Veneer Supplies.com ? - SteveS - 02-03-2019

I left Joe an encouraging note and got a lengthy response. The bad customers is a significant part of the problem, but the business is also having the same problem that many other businesses are; interstate tax collection and transmittal. He has a steep fine from my home state because of these complicated tax rules and transmittals. Those issues have created a significant amount of stress.

The owner of my absolute favorite restaurant, Grouchy Chef, has no problem telling irritating customers to get out and never come back, as I have seen in episodes worthy of a Gordon Ramsey episode. Some people just deserve to be on the Do Not Serve list.

I bought some very nice AAA quilted sapele from JWW several months back, that is getting more difficult to come by, so I buy it when I see good stuff for sale. I should probably go back on his website and see if there's more good stuff even though I have a supply that will last for years. This stuff doesn't get more common with time.

RE: Joe Woodworker / Veneer Supplies.com ? - KLaz - 02-06-2019

Whew!  I'm happy to see he is still moving forward.  He is such a great resource.  I have one of his pumps and bags and intended on getting a smaller bag soon.  

Thanks Joe!