Woodnet Forums
Laguna 1412 bandsaw/Ceramic Guides - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Laguna 1412 bandsaw/Ceramic Guides (/showthread.php?tid=7346232)

Pages: 1 2

Laguna 1412 bandsaw/Ceramic Guides - MVWoodworks - 02-05-2019

This is my first bandsaw and I'm really enjoying it.  When I set it up, Laguna had three different sets of instructions on how to adjust the guides: All touching the blade, some touching and none touching.  

How do you adjust the guides?

Jeff

BTW, I've been away from the forum for a few years; used to be known as Jeff B.

RE: Laguna 1412 bandsaw/Ceramic Guides - TadMcD - 02-05-2019

I've got the same model.

I use a business card for the guide behind the blade and a piece of paper for the side guides.

RE: Laguna 1412 bandsaw/Ceramic Guides - Mr Eddie - 02-05-2019

I have a 14-12.  I position the guides as close to the blade as I can get them without touching the blade.  I use a 3/4" Laguna Resaw King blade and have been very happy.  Most of my resawing is 6" or smaller but I get a really nice straight cut and I can slice it pretty thin.

Lonnie

RE: Laguna 1412 bandsaw/Ceramic Guides - AgGEM - 02-05-2019

14 SUV
Unplug the saw.
I just set the side bearings until they lightly pinch the blade and back off from that. Spin the top wheel and back off until there is no binding.
Back bearings I just gently advance until they touch. Never had an issue doing this. KIS,S.
Ag

RE: Laguna 1412 bandsaw/Ceramic Guides - Grandpa Dave - 02-06-2019

(02-05-2019, 01:03 PM)MVWoodworks Wrote: This is my first bandsaw and I'm really enjoying it.  When I set it up, Laguna had three different sets of instructions on how to adjust the guides: All touching the blade, some touching and none touching.  

How do you adjust the guides?

Jeff

BTW, I've been away from the forum for a few years; used to be known as Jeff B.

(02-05-2019, 03:20 PM)TadMcD Wrote: I've got the same model.

I use a business card for the guide behind the blade and a piece of paper for the side guides.

(02-05-2019, 03:35 PM)Mr Eddie Wrote: I have a 14-12.  I position the guides as close to the blade as I can get them without touching the blade.  I use a 3/4" Laguna Resaw King blade and have been very happy.  Most of my resawing is 6" or smaller but I get a really nice straight cut and I can slice it pretty thin.

Lonnie

Not trying to hi-jack your thread Jeff, but since the three of you have the 14/12 I would appreciate hearing your likes/dislikes/best, worst features/ wish it...views. I've been considering a 14/12 for a while and believe I have line-of-sight budget wise to take the plunge late spring to mid summer if our weather ever returns to normal. I anticipate using it to re-saw mostly in the 6"-12" (max) range but would like to dabble in some BS boxes too. Thanks in advance for your experience and insight.

RE: Laguna 1412 bandsaw/Ceramic Guides - MVWoodworks - 02-06-2019

First, thanks to the three of you who responded.  I've been doing pretty much what AgGEM does.

No problem Grandpa Dave.  As I mentioned, this is the first bandsaw I've used, but I'm able to fairly easily resaw boards up to 10" using a 1/2" blade.  Here's a link to a review that helped convince me to buy the 1412.

https://www.wwgoa.com/article/laguna-1412-bandsaw-a-cut-above/#comment-3720702

RE: Laguna 1412 bandsaw/Ceramic Guides - Bill Schneider - 02-06-2019

(02-06-2019, 04:34 PM)MVWoodworks Wrote: First, thanks to the three of you who responded.  I've been doing pretty much what AgGEM does.

No problem Grandpa Dave.  As I mentioned, this is the first bandsaw I've used, but I'm able to fairly easily resaw boards up to 10" using a 1/2" blade.  Here's a link to a review that helped convince me to buy the 1412.

https://www.wwgoa.com/article/laguna-1412-bandsaw-a-cut-above/#comment-3720702

I bought one in 2015 and love how well it performed out-of-the-box. I still did a little tweaking to it to make it work even better.

I created a web page with some of the modifications here...

http://www.afterness.com/woodworking/laguna/

RE: Laguna 1412 bandsaw/Ceramic Guides - Stwood_ - 02-06-2019

(02-05-2019, 06:43 PM)AgGEM Wrote: 14 SUV
Unplug the saw.
I just set the side bearings until they lightly pinch the blade and back off from that. Spin the top wheel and back off until there is no binding.
Back bearings I just gently advance until they touch. Never had an issue doing this. KIS,S.
Ag

I do this with my MM

(02-06-2019, 05:40 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: I do this with my MM

Steve, What's an MM? Jeff

I enhanced dust control by placing an air hose below the table right next to the blade.