Woodnet Forums
Idea of a Project - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Idea of a Project (/showthread.php?tid=7346340)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Idea of a Project - bandit571 - 02-15-2019

Taking today off.
Winkgrin ...bills and van need seen to.
Upset   May see about later...
Uhoh

RE: Idea of a Project - bandit571 - 02-17-2019

ER Friday night.
No .stomach issues.....just got back home a little while ago, today.....hemotoma  where the Gall bladder USED to be....meds to take care of things

Release will no restrictions, have to see the Doctor later this week.
Cool

RE: Idea of a Project - Grandpa Dave - 02-18-2019

(02-17-2019, 05:38 PM)bandit571 Wrote: ER Friday night.
No .stomach issues.....just got back home a little while ago, today.....hemotoma  where the Gall bladder USED to be....meds to take care of things

Release will no restrictions, have to see the Doctor later this week.
Cool

TAKE IT EASY, OK?

RE: Idea of a Project - Stwood_ - 02-18-2019

Gad..........rest up

RE: Idea of a Project - bandit571 - 02-18-2019

Well....instead of 6 hour shop days...I am keeping things to a single task, then calling it a day....Physical Therapy....
Rolleyes 

Today's task was to mill two 2 x 4 x 8' boards down to 4 corner posts.   4/4 x 3" x 43", and mill a few rebates.
Rolleyes 
[attachment=16623]
Cut to length.   I saved one of the cut-offs, to use as a set-up block.  needed to rip the rounded edge off one edge..
[attachment=16624]
used the block to set the fence, blade did not raise high enough, had to flip the boards over, to complete that cut...
[attachment=16625]
Then reset the fence to get things to 3" wide..
[attachment=16626]
Next step was to get these down to 1" thickness...there was a slight problem..
[attachment=16627]
Hmmm, well..I do have a brand new blade for the bandsaw....install that, and finish the cuts..
[attachment=16628]
Then run the four posts through the saws....leaving the ridge to be planed off..
[attachment=16629]
Millers Falls No. 11    Planed flat and smooth...now for a few rebates..
These four are for the rails and plywood panels to sit into...takes two set ups on the saw ( not up to doing this by hand, right now) then there are two rebates for the back panel to sit in...
[attachment=16631]
Will need to clean these up...

Need to use one webframe, to lay out the drawer openings, to where I can attach the rails, and find the sizes for the panels...first, I need to cut a couple 1 x 4s down.   two at 26" long ( best of the two boards) and the rest at 13" or so.  Then they will get ripped for width.   Rails get a few rebates milled...maybe tomorrow?
Confused  
[attachment=16632]
Big knots are going "bye-bye"
Cool
Stay tuned,,,one day at a time...
Winkgrin

RE: Idea of a Project - Grandpa Dave - 02-18-2019

(02-18-2019, 05:10 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Well....instead of 6 hour shop days...I am keeping things to a single task, then calling it a day....Physical Therapy....
Rolleyes .....................................

...............................Stay tuned,,,one day at a time...
Winkgrin

Show us your time card
Wink
I'm watching you from near & afar.
Rolleyes

BTW...good progress.
Big Grin

RE: Idea of a Project - bandit571 - 02-18-2019

Have to wait until tomorrow for the pictures, but...due to a lack of time the rest of the week, went ahead and milled all the rails for both sides of the case.  
Winkgrin 

IF I get back to the shop....I can start on a bit of lay out work....might even a little assembly?  We'll see.   Look for a few pictures in the morning...
Cool

RE: Idea of a Project - bandit571 - 02-19-2019

Well, after midnight here, so..
Winkgrin
[attachment=16661]
Bottom and top rails, skinny ones for the top..details 
[attachment=16662]
and an edge on view?
Cool 
[attachment=16663]
Also milled two 26" long  1 x 4s.   Mid-rails details?
[attachment=16664]
4 per side, 8 total..details? 
[attachment=16665]
Test fits?
Cool  
[attachment=16666]
With a plywood panel i used for test fits...add a couple stiles..
[attachment=16667]
and add a webframe...
[attachment=16668]
Was a very busy day..
.[attachment=16669]
Ya think?   Stay tuned..
Cool

RE: Idea of a Project - bandit571 - 02-19-2019

Doctor visit today...clean bill of health, except..nothing over 10 pounds for the next 30 days.....there goes using the Stanley No.8
No 
Shopping was done, before and after the visit( Had to FIND the dang place, first)  A few supplies are now IN the shop.
Winkgrin
 Took a break,,then hauled a bag of goodies to the shop...and decided to do the layout work....no sawdust was made, though
No  
[attachment=16714]
Arranged the corner post into pairs, rebate to rebate,  and clamped them tight...grabbed one webframe, and my brand new square
Winkgrin
[attachment=16715]
Once I figured out which ends will be the top of the case.   laid a 1 x down first, for the corner blocks, then laid the webframe to that line..
[attachment=16716]
Third line is the kicker's bottom, where the top of a drawer will run.   From that line, I measure down to the top of the next frame..
[attachment=16717]
In this case, 5"...mark both sides of the frame, and a line across for the kicker....then keep going along until I reach the "bottom"
[attachment=16718]
Which leaves a bit to do a foot detail....
Needed to clamp one set of parts up as a dry fit...
[attachment=16719]
With all the rails setting where they are supposed to be..I could then measure for the sizes  of the plywood panels..
Cool
[attachment=16720]
And add those to the "plans". 
[attachment=16721]
Along with lumber and a few screws...I picked these up, today.   Will see how the new blade does on plywood.
Rolleyes

Stay tuned
Winkgrin

RE: Idea of a Project - AgGEM - 02-19-2019

Watching, enjoying, rock on.....
Ag