Woodnet Forums
Display Cabinet: UPDATE:Starting to Look Like a Cabinet - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Display Cabinet: UPDATE:Starting to Look Like a Cabinet (/showthread.php?tid=7346572)

Pages: 1 2 3

Display Cabinet: UPDATE:Starting to Look Like a Cabinet - Philip1231 - 02-20-2019

Dry fit of side to top joint of display cabinet in cherry.  I awarded myself extra gold star for grain matching. DTs came out nice, not perfect, but nice.

[attachment=16748]

[attachment=16749]

RE: Display Cabinet: First Set of DTs - Peter Tremblay - 02-20-2019

(02-20-2019, 11:14 AM)Philip1231 Wrote: Dry fit of side to top joint of display cabinet in cherry.  I awarded myself extra gold star for grain matching. DTs came out nice, not perfect, but nice.

Beautiful!

Well done.

RE: Display Cabinet: First Set of DTs - hbmcc - 02-20-2019

Really nice! And extra points always double (at least) the wow factor. 

What is the depth shown? The density(?) of the dovetails make the joint pop and set off the matched grain.

RE: Display Cabinet: First Set of DTs - tshiker - 02-20-2019

Wow if that's your first attempt I can't wait to see how they look with a little practice!

RE: Display Cabinet: First Set of DTs - Philip1231 - 02-20-2019

Just a point of clarification: this is the first joint completed on this project, hence "First set of DTs". I have done half-blind DTs before, but never have done through dovetails, so I guess its also my first set of through DTs.

RE: Display Cabinet: First Set of DTs - Philip1231 - 02-20-2019

If I understand correctly: the vertical piece in the pic is actually the top of the cabinet. The piece laying on the jointer is actually the side of the cabinet.

(02-20-2019, 11:57 AM)hbmcc Wrote: Really nice! And extra points always double (at least) the wow factor. 

What is the depth shown? The density(?) of the dovetails make the joint pop and set off the matched grain.

RE: Display Cabinet: First Set of DTs - Aram - 02-20-2019

Nice!
--- ---- --- ---

RE: Display Cabinet: First Set of Through DTs - cputnam - 02-21-2019

Well Done!
Cool
Cool
Cool

RE: Display Cabinet: First Set of Through DTs - Stwood_ - 02-21-2019

Looks great. Show us more when you can

RE: Display Cabinet: First Set of Through DTs - Mike Brady - 02-23-2019

Those are well done and nicely proportioned.  You should be pleased.