Woodnet Forums
Roy Underhill in Ky on Saturday - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Roy Underhill in Ky on Saturday (/showthread.php?tid=7347559)

Roy Underhill in Ky on Saturday - elinourrumming - 04-08-2019

If anyone is in the Cincinnati area (or wants to drive in), stop by the Lost Art Press Open House on Saturday (April 13) and hang out with St. Roy – he'll be there from 10-11:30 a.m. and from 1:30-5 p.m. (and possibly also there from 11:30-1:30, despite the respite/lunch break I scheduled for him!). He'll be hanging out to talk pre-industrial hand tools, sign books, and – as always – entertain. (837 Willard St., Covington, Ky. 41011)

RE: Roy Underhill in Ky on Saturday - MichaelMouse - 04-08-2019

(04-08-2019, 08:13 AM)elinourrumming Wrote: If anyone is in the Cincinnati area (or wants to drive in), stop by the Lost Art Press Open House on Saturday (April 13) and hand out with St. Roy – he'll be there from 10-11:30 a.m. and from 1:30-5 p.m. (and possibly also there from 11:30-1:30, despite the respite/lunch break I scheduled for him!). He'll be hanging out to talk pre-industrial hand tools, sign books, and – as always – entertain. (837 Willard St., Covington, Ky. 41011)

St. Roy of Underhill, patron of barked knuckles.  Sure wish I were closer.

RE: Roy Underhill in Ky on Saturday - SCMedLion - 04-18-2019

I'm never in that neck of the woods, but last week I was traveling through on my way home from a mission project. I knew the open house wasn't until Saturday, but I tried my luck on Friday anyway. Megan was most kind to show me around, and I got to shake Roy's hand, while trying not to interrupt his Roubo bookstand class.

Wish I was closer. Felt like I knew the place after following blogs for so long. Everyone was just as friendly as one could hope. I was able to introduce my fellow-traveler to the LAP.

Thanks again to Megan, Brendan, and Roy.

RE: Roy Underhill in Ky on Saturday - AHill - 04-22-2019

I had the pleasure of taking a class or two from Sir Roy at one of the Woodworking in America events. He's the real deal, and pretty much the same guy off camera as on camera. When I was a teenager, I couldn't stand to watch The Woodright's Shop because he'd never really finish anything, and it all seemed rather crude to me. Since becoming a woodworker and enjoying the neander way, I greatly appreciate the research and methods he presents on PBS.