Woodnet Forums
Woodsmith-inspired Stationary Edge Sander build thread - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Woodsmith-inspired Stationary Edge Sander build thread (/showthread.php?tid=7348207)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Stationary Edge Sander build thread - WJB - 01-05-2020

He probably means linear bearing
Also look at McMaster Carr for carriage and slide

RE: Stationary Edge Sander build thread - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 01-05-2020

Found it in McMaster Carr. Sweet.

Thanks!

RE: Stationary Edge Sander build thread - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 01-06-2020

I want add a simple timer to act as my power switch. Will this one work?

RE: Stationary Edge Sander build thread - Arlin Eastman - 01-07-2020

Brad

Why use a timer and not a simple toggle on/off switch for $2.  If you use a timer why not on the dust collection which you want to go for a few minutes longer or on you ceiling collector.

RE: Stationary Edge Sander build thread - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 01-07-2020

Oops.

I posted in the wrong thread. This was meant for my air scrubber thread!

RE: Stationary Edge Sander build thread - Arlin Eastman - 01-16-2020

Brad

I sent you a PM.  Woodsmith just came out with a beaut of a sander like this.

RE: Stationary Edge Sander build thread - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 01-16-2020

I think that's the one I'm building. I want to say the issue came out October 2018.

RE: Woodsmith-inspired Stationary Edge Sander build thread - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 01-16-2020

Yep, it's the same one that I'm building. Here's *his* video introduction to the one he built, showing modifications he did. It's really pretty.

Mine will oscillate, though, and if I have my way, the motor will move with the belt.

We'll see!

https://youtu.be/Z0JYBPC1xAg

RE: Woodsmith-inspired Stationary Edge Sander build thread - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 02-09-2020

It begins. I'm modifying a set of plans for a bench mounted oscillating machine so that the belt drive motor oscillates with the sanding belt instead of a flexing belt connecting a stationary motor to a moving platen.

I'll then modify the stationary base to support it. Belt drive motor is the 2hp, 3ph. Oscillating motor is 1/4hp, 1mph, with geared reducer.

RE: Woodsmith-inspired Stationary Edge Sander build thread - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 02-10-2020

So, are there any 8x89" belts out there? Closest I can find is 8x107" through McMaster.