Woodnet Forums
Got a sign for my Birthday, today - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Got a sign for my Birthday, today (/showthread.php?tid=7348230)

Pages: 1 2

Got a sign for my Birthday, today - bandit571 - 05-15-2019

And..it about says it all...
Cool 
[attachment=18403]
present from the Boss.  
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin

RE: Got a sign for my Birthday, today - Bill_Houghton - 05-15-2019

I sure could have used one of those when the boys were young.  They tended to think that what was theirs was theirs and what was mine was theirs, too.

Happy birthday!

RE: Got a sign for my Birthday, today - theoldfart - 05-15-2019

Good rule. happy birthday Bandit.

RE: Got a sign for my Birthday, today - wood2woodknot - 05-15-2019

(05-15-2019, 05:01 PM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: .... when the boys were young.  They tended to think that what was theirs was theirs and what was mine was theirs, too.

Ahhh! The sign of true fatherhood. How many of our tools have been lost, left out in the grass to rust, misshapen from abuse and misuse, or just vanished into thin air? But this too shall pass ------- when THEY become fathers!

RE: Got a sign for my Birthday, today - daddo - 05-15-2019

Mine should read; "If you remember where I've put something- put it back"!
-OR-
"I know where everything is- I just can't find it"!

RE: Got a sign for my Birthday, today - wood-chips - 05-16-2019

Very cool B-day gift!

RE: Got a sign for my Birthday, today - hbmcc - 05-16-2019

Maybe  tragic, maybe sad; but always funny.... 
Big Grin

The last thing my father told me, cancer was in his brain, was: "Did you find my tools you left in the dirt?" 

I was in my 50's and it had been at least 40 years since he could accuse me of that.

RE: Got a sign for my Birthday, today - Stwood_ - 05-16-2019

(05-16-2019, 08:22 PM)hbmcc Wrote: Maybe  tragic, maybe sad; but always funny.... 
Big Grin

The last thing my father told me, cancer was in his brain, was: "Did you find my tools you left in the dirt?" 

I was in my 50's and it had been at least 40 years since he could accuse me of that.

So I thought I was the only one........
2001 my father was on his death bed. I was there visiting. Among other past (long ago) things he brought up, he asked me if I had ever repaid a loan to my FIL. That was bothering him.
I had, back in about 1975, and told him so. He was relieved.

RE: Got a sign for my Birthday, today - Tony Z - 05-17-2019

(05-16-2019, 08:22 PM)hbmcc Wrote: Maybe  tragic, maybe sad; but always funny.... 
Big Grin

When my dad's cancer spread to his brain, in the final days, I also heard similar things (mom, brother and sister didn't). My wife explained it to be his reliving his best memories. 15 years ago and I was 51.

RE: Got a sign for my Birthday, today - bandit571 - 05-22-2019

"Dad's Tools,  Dad's Rules"    if'n you want to use my tools, you use my rules.    My late dad used to have 2 sets of tools....and older, complete, minty set that filled a large tool chest.    Another was out in the garage, where he worked fixing cars..his and friends.    Was allowed to use the garage set to fix my cars...but, the set in the basement was for his use.    A grandson got that chest.....I got everything else, tool wise.  

Grandsons can use my tools....and usually, I go along with them.  

BTW....that complete set in the basement chest?    Craftsman....the VK model line....along with very old Proto, S&K.....and some sets from the late 1940s....Bonney, Herbrandt....and the like...even a couple by Williams.