Woodnet Forums
New vase - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: New vase (/showthread.php?tid=7348668)

New vase - Sawdust60 - 06-07-2019

Finally finished our bedroom furniture, spent the last few days prepping this for the lathe.  Always afraid when doing vertical lines that are lined up at glue up that when you start cutting, you discover the lines slowly drift off center.  Good news, they didn't!  Might round off the middle section a little more and possibly add some handles.  We'll see.

RE: New vase - Bill Holt - 06-07-2019

Very impressive.  I have not yet achieved %95 alignment, %100 is a fantasy.

RE: New vase - Mr Eddie - 06-07-2019

Very impressive!  I would enjoy seeing how you figure out the glue up to achieve the finished piece.  How do you layout the sections and what type of glue do you use?  Again, really nice work.

Lonnie

RE: New vase - Gary G™ - 06-08-2019

Very nicely done

Makes me think:
Genie

Winkgrin

RE: New vase - Sawdust60 - 06-08-2019

Added some detail to the vase, decided to add 2 more for a total of 6, as of now there's 4, then will add 2 handles.

RE: New vase - Turner52 - 06-08-2019

Beautiful. Dificult glue up. Looks like you nailed it.

RE: New vase - Big Dave - 06-10-2019

Geez! Yet another technique for glue-ups. I've never seen anything like that, let alone considered doing it...

Quite impressive!
Yes 

Cool
Cool

RE: New vase - Timberwolf - 06-16-2019

(06-10-2019, 11:39 PM)Big Dave Wrote: Geez! Yet another technique for glue-ups. I've never seen anything like that, let alone considered doing it...

Quite impressive!
Yes 

Cool
Cool
We have some outstanding talent in this forum!!!!!!!!! This is an example of it!!!!!!
Yes

RE: New vase - Sawdust60 - 06-17-2019

Thx everyone!  Haven't work on it for a while, here's a shot with the handles being glued on.