Woodnet Forums
Floor Finish - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Floor Finish (/showthread.php?tid=7349592)

Floor Finish - Gibbcutter - 08-05-2019

Going to put a coat of water based poly on previously finished oak floors. Suggestions as to which product I should use would be appreciated.

RE: Floor Finish - ajkoontz - 08-05-2019

(08-05-2019, 09:41 AM)Gibbcutter Wrote: Going to put a coat of water based poly on previously finished oak floors. Suggestions as to which product I should use would be appreciated.

Can't speak to using it on floors, but I've heard really good things about Target brand WB coatings. I've only ever used Minwax WB poly myself, and I don't think this is recommended for floors. Take a look at the Target Coatings products.

RE: Floor Finish - jteneyck - 08-05-2019

(08-05-2019, 09:41 AM)Gibbcutter Wrote: Going to put a coat of water based poly on previously finished oak floors. Suggestions as to which product I should use would be appreciated.

Bona HD.  But you need to make sure the existing floors are prepped properly so whatever product you use bonds to it.  

John

RE: Floor Finish - Snipe Hunter - 08-06-2019

Read the label. A lot of water based floor finishes require several coats. I used "Parks" on my stairs. It looks great and seems to hold up well but it requires a minimum of 6 to 7 coats. I did 7