Woodnet Forums
Oscillating sander suggestions - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Oscillating sander suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=7351116)

Pages: 1 2

Oscillating sander suggestions - stoppy - 11-05-2019

Either I or Santa Claus is going to add one to my tool collection.  Brand suggestions please!

RE: Oscillating sander suggestions - Large Wooden Badger - 11-05-2019

belt or drum?

+17 characters

RE: Oscillating sander suggestions - meackerman - 11-05-2019

inexpensive all around choice....the Ridgid.  its a little small but works good for its size.

next step up the Jet benchtop OSS jbos-5.  Its a little tall for being called a benchtop.  but is pretty heavy duty.

RE: Oscillating sander suggestions - Halfathumb - 11-05-2019

(11-05-2019, 10:40 AM)stoppy Wrote: Either I or Santa Claus is going to add one to my tool collection.  Brand suggestions please!

I have and using the Grizzly table top model for over 6 years, always do what I need it to do.

RE: Oscillating sander suggestions - stoppy - 11-05-2019

(11-05-2019, 10:50 AM)Large Wooden Badger Wrote: belt or drum?

+17 characters

Looking at drum.

RE: Oscillating sander suggestions - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 11-05-2019

bought my Triton from a member here about three years ago. I love it. Dust collection on it is near perfect when attached to my shop vac.

I only wish the table were a bit bigger but I'm contemplating building a stand with an auxiliary table that it'll sit into.

RE: Oscillating sander suggestions - Big Dave - 11-06-2019

Bench top or floor model?

I finally upgraded my old Craftsman to a Shop Fox model W1686. Sturdy, 1/4" to 4" spindles, 1hp motor, and a 25 1/4" x 25 1/4" top that tilts 45 deg front & ~20 deg back. The dust collection wasn't that great, but I modified it a bit to bring it up to acceptable standards.

Found a helluva deal for it on Ebay...

Dave

RE: Oscillating sander suggestions - stoppy - 11-16-2019

Still looking, November issue of WOOD magazine rates the Rigid EB4424 combo belt/spindle model  as its best tool value and the Rikon 50-300 as its top tool.  Anyone here have insight on either model?

RE: Oscillating sander suggestions - toolmiser - 11-16-2019

I saw recently that a company makes a portable one like the former "porter cable" unit. If you install it in a table you can have a two in one. I have the p c and a benchtop (Jet), and the portable unit is pretty handy for large items.

RE: Oscillating sander suggestions - meackerman - 11-16-2019

(11-16-2019, 08:05 PM)stoppy Wrote: Still looking, November issue of WOOD magazine rates the Rigid EB4424 combo belt/spindle model  as its best tool value and the Rikon 50-300 as its top tool.  Anyone here have insight on either model?

A number of people here have the Ridgid, including me.