Woodnet Forums
Lee Valley Online. - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Lee Valley Online. (/showthread.php?tid=7351128)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Lee Valley Online. - Handplanesandmore - 05-30-2020

Google has solved woodworking and non woodworking problems for me all the time (fixing minor problems for my car, heater, etc eg). But it's also an invasive tool....it keeps showing me ads (related to what I search about).

Often no more need to go through each and every merchant or vendor to find or compare........I can even specify location or origin in my searches 

I guess I've been doing covid19 kind of shopping for at least two decades...but I do like the curbside pickup offers (common for groceries even before the virus outbreak)...no more need to get hold of any guy or gal (if you're lucky) who can tell me where the item is shelved. I hope that'll stay for convenience shopping if not for safety reasons. As a matter of fact, I've spent more in these two months than any average month...90%+ of shopping done online with free delivery or curbside pickup.

And some of those store staff are very helpful...contactless as they say, and some (eg HD) did not even check my ID (they took the license plate #). I'm not the kind of guy who checks things out at stores...I just want to dash in and dash out with what I want in my hand. Browsing? That's what websites are for, as far as I'm concerned. I also like the new Starbucks order via app only practice. No more line-ups! Less time for shopping, more time for working in the shop!

Simon