Woodnet Forums
Sound Bar Problem - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Sound Bar Problem (/showthread.php?tid=7352499)

Sound Bar Problem - Halfathumb - 01-21-2020

We have a Vizio VSB200 bar and connecting it to a Sanyo model FW55D25F with no sound. I've followed the instructions on the sound bar and TV but can't figure it out. Any help?

RE: Sound Bar Problem - Wild Turkey - 01-21-2020

Check the cords -- are they good? Are they connected correctly? (simple, I know, but I've learned to double check. . . )

Check the TV menus -- could the TV be muted? Does plugging the cords in mute the internal speaker?

Do you have a different source to test with?

Look for a TV/audio forum? Does the manufacture have a assistance number?

They've gone and made something simple complicated these days
Wink

RE: Sound Bar Problem - TDKPE - 01-21-2020

TOSLINK optical connection, or something electrical?  Have you checked the set-up menus for external audio options?

RE: Sound Bar Problem - barnowl - 01-22-2020

(01-21-2020, 06:30 PM)Halfathumb Wrote: We have a Vizio VSB200 bar and connecting it to a Sanyo model FW55D25F with no sound. I've followed the instructions on the sound bar and TV but can't figure it out. Any help?

Often when connecting a sound bar, you have to go into the TV menu, >>> Audio, and select the audio to external speaker.

RE: Sound Bar Problem - TDKPE - 01-22-2020

Someone just asked a similar question on an RV forum regarding a Jensen TV.  Those units have to have the integral sound turned off in the setup menu for the audio out function to start functioning.  Yours may be similar.