Woodnet Forums
Faucet question - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Faucet question (/showthread.php?tid=7352741)

Faucet question - Scouter - 02-03-2020

Friend of mine has a problem I've not run across. He replaced the stem in the faucet handle and now it turns the wrong way. According to him the one he bought is supposed to work for both hot and cold water (two handle faucet). I suggested taking it out, turning it 180, the putting it back in, he says no difference. Ideas?

RE: Faucet question - daddo - 02-03-2020

Compare the threads with the old one.

RE: Faucet question - Scouter - 02-04-2020

(02-03-2020, 11:38 PM)daddo Wrote: Compare the threads with the old one.

The threads? In what way. The retaining nut screws in and holds it in place.

RE: Faucet question - blackhat - 02-04-2020

Many two handle faucets come with different hot and cold cartridges. The intent is both turn out away from the spout. He got the wrong cartridge.

(02-04-2020, 01:14 PM)blackhat Wrote: Many two handle faucets come with different hot and cold cartridges. The intent is both turn out away from the spout. He got the wrong cartridge.

That was my initial thought, but he said someone at Lowes helped him pick it out using the old one. Could still be wrong, will have to see when I get up there.

Found the problem. He bought an American unStandard (used to work for them) faucet. On top of the step there's a clip that has to be removed, once it's off there's a tab that has to be lifted then turned 90-deg, then the clip put back on.

RE: Faucet question - Bob10 - 02-04-2020

(02-04-2020, 08:21 PM)Scouter Wrote: Found the problem. He bought an American unStandard (used to work for them) faucet. On top of the step there's a clip that has to be removed, once it's off there's a tab that has to be lifted then turned 90-deg, then the clip put back on.

Good info never had to change one haven't looked at how the worked.  Most of my vanity faucets are kohler and they seem to be only one way and labeled with red and blue to keep them straight