Woodnet Forums
Saber saw replacement suggestions needed - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Saber saw replacement suggestions needed (/showthread.php?tid=7353703)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Saber saw replacement suggestions needed - Tony Z - 03-24-2020

I have a Festool, with the barrel handle. Previously, I had a Craftsman and a Makita, but the Festool beats those hands down.

RE: Saber saw replacement suggestions needed - Arlin Eastman - 03-27-2020

I also have an old Bosch someone here gave me.  I like it but would like if it stayed in the track thingy better.  I really like how the blade locks in and out with no tools to be used.  I would like a variable speed tho.

RE: Saber saw replacement suggestions needed - Pirate - 04-02-2020

My old 1584vs Bosch barrel grip saw, is a great saw. I agree with the Bosch blades being excellent blades.

RE: Saber saw replacement suggestions needed - BC in CT - 04-02-2020

5Thumbs,
I'll join the crowd and recommend Bosch as well. I started with a Craftsman many years ago like so many of us, and at some point went to a Skill. Neither worked very well and I would avoid using them whenever possible, as a matter of fact I hardly ever remembered I had them. A few years ago I bought a nice used Bosch 1590EVS from a Woodnetter here and everytime I use that saw I wish I had one like it 30 years ago, just an absolute pleasure to use......a great tool. You would not be dissapointed.
Brian