Woodnet Forums
Stuck at home - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Stuck at home (/showthread.php?tid=7354065)

Pages: 1 2

Stuck at home - Tom Wiarda - 03-30-2020

What do you when you are stuck at home? Build a chair. This is a Comb Back Windsor from plans by Curtis Buchanan. I didn’t even need to leave home. I had the white pine for the seat and the maple for the turnings. The red oak for the arm, spindles and comb came from a tree that fell in the woods behind my house. Now I just need to paint it
[attachment=25477]

RE: Stuck at home - RonB1957 - 03-30-2020

(03-30-2020, 04:30 PM)Tom Wiarda Wrote: What do you when you are stuck at home? Build a chair. This is a Comb Back Windsor from plans by Curtis Buchanan. I didn’t even need to leave home. I had the white pine for the seat and the maple for the turnings. The red oak for the arm, spindles and comb came from a tree that fell in the woods behind my house. Now I just need to paint it

Nice. I am no sure I would even want to paint it. There is a story there about the different woods used.
Smile

RE: Stuck at home - Arlin Eastman - 03-30-2020

It looks great.  It sure looks like a lot of work!!

RE: Stuck at home - cputnam - 03-30-2020

Very nice!
Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool

RE: Stuck at home - Bill Holt - 03-30-2020

I think Ron makes a good point.

I would have to be stuck at home for a very long time to be able knock that chair out!!!!!!

RE: Stuck at home - Don_M - 03-31-2020

(03-30-2020, 04:30 PM)Tom Wiarda Wrote: What do you when you are stuck at home? Build a chair. This is a Comb Back Windsor from plans by Curtis Buchanan. I didn’t even need to leave home. I had the white pine for the seat and the maple for the turnings. The red oak for the arm, spindles and comb came from a tree that fell in the woods behind my house. Now I just need to paint it

Very nice.

I suspect we are going to see a LOT of projects over the next many weeks!!

RE: Stuck at home - R Clark - 03-31-2020

Bravo!  That chair is fantastic!

My project has been to begin those "less fun" things in the shop, like rearranging for better efficiency, painting for appearance, and a serious attempt at getting rid of stuff (read: trash and junk) I'll never use.

RE: Stuck at home - 5thumbs - 03-31-2020

Beautiful chair! Well done.

My "stuck at home" projects include fixing a wobbly chair (may become firewood), repairing a coat hook device, building an Adirondack chair for Mother's Day, and building a garden bench for my daughter and her husband. 

I've spent the last few days reloading ammo, cleaning up the wood lot, and re-organizing the gun room. Since I"m not getting requests to attend meetings or take my granddaughter to school, I can get a cup of coffee, light my pipe, and work .

Stay safe, everyone and God Bless the First Responders!

RE: Stuck at home - bandit571 - 03-31-2020

My "Stuck at Home" project is building a new Tool Cabinet, to house a LOT of my handtools in...
Winkgrin as this one is way too small...
Rolleyes 
[attachment=25526]
Maybe a Tour when it gets done...
Rolleyes 
[attachment=25527]
Dry fitting the 2 doors, awaiting the hinges.
Cool

RE: Stuck at home - Tony Z - 03-31-2020

Very nice chair! I would not be so quick to paint it.