Woodnet Forums
O poor me! - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: O poor me! (/showthread.php?tid=7356831)

Pages: 1 2 3

O poor me! - Halfathumb - 07-25-2020

Just looked at DUMB-POLACK's post about the dresser he made for his daughter (which is beautiful BTW) and brought to mind an old memory that still makes me angry.

About 8-10 years ago I built my daughter a complete BR suite with RO. A queen bed, 2 night stands, a dresser and an armoire. I also built my 2 GDs a bed and dresser. They decided to move back to Ak and sold everything which knowing her & her husband probably got Wal Maret prices for everything in 2015. I still can't get over it. I am a Christian and do my best to live a Christian live and do the right thing to forgive, just not successful at it.

Jim

RE: O poor me! - Dumb_Polack - 07-25-2020

Our daughter knows if she ever wants to get rid of it, it comes home!

RE: O poor me! - Bill Holt - 07-25-2020

Oh that hurts!!!!!!!!!!!!!  My kids have not done that ........YET.  After you are able to forgive, it may be harder to forget.

RE: O poor me! - Derek Cohen - 07-25-2020

(07-25-2020, 09:44 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: Just looked at DUMB-POLACK's post about the dresser he made for his daughter (which is beautiful BTW) and brought to mind an old memory that still makes me angry.

About 8-10 years ago I built my daughter a complete BR suite with RO. A queen bed, 2 night stands, a dresser and an armoire. I also built my 2 GDs a bed and dresser. They decided to move back to Ak and sold everything which knowing her & her husband probably got Wal Maret prices for everything in 2015. I still can't get over it. I am a Christian and do my best to live a Christian live and do the right thing to forgive, just not successful at it.

Jim

Jim, did you mention to her that there was a secret drawer with several gold coins?

Regards from Perth

Derek

RE: O poor me! - toolmiser - 07-25-2020

I would not appreciate that either. Don't have any idea if any of my kids will keep any of my handiwork, but if I build something specific for them, they better keep it til I am not around. I have a stepsister that would have sold it though.

RE: O poor me! - 6270_Productions - 07-25-2020

I don't really have a policy that would cover this situation in my family.

If I did, it would go something like this:  The first one is free.  The second one is fair market value and probably not at the top of the list.

RE: O poor me! - K. L. McReynolds - 07-25-2020

LOML odes counted cross stitch, quilting, pillows, pillow cases, and various sewing projects for family members. I make memory boxes for the girls(nieces, so far) when they marry.  LOML sometimes spends hundreds of hours on a quilt/baby blanket and lately I have been trying to convince her some relatives just do not deserve her work----they do not appreciate the gift, much less how much time she invests. She is currently working on a baby blanket---has over 200 hours in it with another hundred or so to go. The original intended recipient no longer speaks to us.
Raised I think she has decided the blanket will go to someone else.

RE: O poor me! - Halfathumb - 07-26-2020

(07-25-2020, 07:57 PM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Jim, did you mention to her that there was a secret drawer with several gold coins?

Regards from Perth

Derek

Good idea Derek. I think I'll do that in the near future.

Jim

RE: O poor me! - Halfathumb - 07-26-2020

I think the biggest pain I get is the furniture I made for my GDs as heirlooms. I told her "I made them for the girls not for you".

Oh, did I mention? They moved knowing her mother had terminal cancer and died a few months later. And now she is into Devil worshipping, I feel really bad for the daughter that still lives with them.

Ok, enough. Back to ww things.

Jim

RE: O poor me! - AHill - 07-26-2020

As much as that hurts, you gifted it to her, so she gets to decide what to do with it. I have no illusions that anything I make for my family will become heirlooms handed down from generation to generation. What I want and what they want are two different things. Doesn't mean I get disappointed from time to time. I just don't dwell on things I have no power to change.