Woodnet Forums
Old Tub Peeling - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Old Tub Peeling (/showthread.php?tid=7356943)

Old Tub Peeling - tuneswoodshop - 07-31-2020

Hello,
I have currently been living in this home for approx 10 years now and when I purchased the home it has a second bathroom that they said the had the tub refinished when they remodeled the bathroom. The finish or "coating" if starting to flake off the floor of the tub and creates these razor sharp pieces. I currently just have the whole tub floor cover with shower matts but was looking for other suggestions. A remodel of the bathroom isnt in the budget so is there any product out there that would work good? I looking for a non slip way to seal in the finish until I have funds to redo the whole bathroom. Has anyone flex sealed the bottom of a tub before? Thanks

RE: Old Tub Peeling - Cooler - 07-31-2020

Properly done by a professional, it would have had an acid etch prior to application.  Home owner applied, generally does not. 

I would be inclined to call a tub refinisher and get an estimate.

RE: Old Tub Peeling - Snipe Hunter - 07-31-2020

In your case, not wanting to replace the tub. Bath Fitters is probably a good choice.

RE: Old Tub Peeling - Cub_Cadet_GT - 07-31-2020

(07-31-2020, 08:33 AM)tuneswoodshop Wrote: Hello,
I have currently been living in this home for approx 10 years now and when I purchased the home it has a second bathroom that they said the had the tub refinished when they remodeled the bathroom. The finish or "coating" if starting to flake off the floor of the tub and creates these razor sharp pieces. I currently just have the whole tub floor cover with shower matts but was looking for other suggestions. A remodel of the bathroom isnt in the budget so is there any product out there that would work good? I looking for a non slip way to seal in the finish until I have funds to redo the whole bathroom. Has anyone flex sealed the bottom of a tub before? Thanks

I would see if there is a Miracle Method outfit near you. I have had two tub/showers done as well as an entire bathroom floor. It all came out amazing and has been very durable.