Woodnet Forums
Looking to buy a Stanley #1 - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Looking to buy a Stanley #1 (/showthread.php?tid=7359200)

Looking to buy a Stanley #1 - George A - 11-29-2020

Title says it all. This is something I’ve thought about, but figured I could never justify the cost. I finally have some money set aside, enough that I can justify a purchase like this. An older plane is better, but in reality I won’t be picky. Condition should be good, but again I won’t be too picky. Not really looking for a rebuild, but would consider it if the price was right. I’ve been looking on the web but haven’t had any luck. Even if someone has a lead on one, I’d appreciate that.

RE: Looking to buy a Stanley #1 - brianwelch - 11-29-2020

How badly are you looking for one?
https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tls/d/pompton-lakes-super-rare-mint-condition/7238842877.html

RE: Looking to buy a Stanley #1 - George A - 11-29-2020

Ouch. Not quite that much, but I may make an offer. Thanks for the lead.

RE: Looking to buy a Stanley #1 - brianwelch - 11-29-2020

(11-29-2020, 08:00 PM)George A Wrote: Ouch.  Not quite that much, but I may make an offer. Thanks for the lead.

Funny that I saw that CL post only about 30 minutes before I saw your post...
Good luck

RE: Looking to buy a Stanley #1 - Bob10 - 11-30-2020

(11-29-2020, 06:48 PM)George A Wrote: Title says it all.  This is something I’ve thought about, but figured I could never justify the cost.  I finally have some money set aside, enough that I can justify a purchase like this.  An older plane is better, but in reality I won’t be picky.  Condition should be good, but again I won’t be too picky. Not really looking for a rebuild, but would consider it if the price was right.  I’ve been looking on the web but haven’t had any luck.  Even if someone has a lead on one, I’d appreciate that.

I would watch CL and Ebay between now and Christmas as the shut down has kicked the crap out of people's finances and that usually results in lower prices on hard to find items

I picked up a LN #1 woodcraft special edition NIB for $100 during the last collapse. That is all they were asking. I picked up about 6 other LN for similar pricing he was happy and so was I

RE: Looking to buy a Stanley #1 - George A - 11-30-2020

(11-30-2020, 01:16 AM)Bob10 Wrote: I would watch CL and Ebay between now and Christmas as the shut down has kicked the crap out of people's finances and that usually results in lower prices on hard to find items

I picked up a LN #1 woodcraft special edition NIB for $100 during the last collapse.  That is all they were asking.  I picked up about 6 other LN for similar pricing he was happy and so was I

Good idea - thanks!  I definitely don't need it tomorrow, so time is on my side.

RE: Looking to buy a Stanley #1 - Stwood_ - 11-30-2020

There was a couple of *Mints* on ebay yesterday....