Woodnet Forums
Sanding Table - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Sanding Table (/showthread.php?tid=7360481)

Sanding Table - Stamper - 01-26-2021

Just finished making a downdraft sanding table and have a problem. The grommets I used to hold work pieces in place leave black marks on face of workpiece. Anybody know where I can find grommets that will not mark workpiece?

RE: Sanding Table - oakey - 01-26-2021

i know were some types industrial grommets can be had i have no clue what sizes you might need
and i do not know how to link to web sights
try this for some different sizes use nylon wire grommets in your search there is a bunch of different sizes available from different sources
and try hydraulic hose grommets they use a lot of that type of stuff in industry for abrasion protection
if i remember correctly mcmaster carr i am pretty sure did have some sizes but you need to tell us the size HTH

RE: Sanding Table - cams2705 - 01-26-2021

A guy on you tube (hffcom) sells cutting board feet HERE and also has a downdraft table where he used these same feet for the surface.

RE: Sanding Table - MsNomer - 01-26-2021

That is a fascinating website.

RE: Sanding Table - EdL - 01-26-2021

(01-26-2021, 06:36 PM)cams2705 Wrote: A guy on you tube (hffcom) sells cutting board feet HERE and also has a downdraft table where he used these same feet for the surface.

Thanks! I never found good cutting board feet that last, much appreciated.

Ed

RE: Sanding Table - Mike in kc - 01-27-2021

I use this area rug rubber coated under layment material from the home supply store.   It doesn't mark and it grips the work piece very well, and I don't worry about surfaces getting marred.   I bought a 9 X 12 piece and cut it up for the various benches and my down draft table. Don't remember what I paid, but I don't remember it being expensive.

[Image: P1010001-L.jpg]

RE: Sanding Table - sniper - 01-28-2021

I use this bench mat on mine:

https://www.rockler.com/bench-accessory-kit-with-2-x-3-bench-mat