Woodnet Forums
Coming soon to a Ikea or Wayfair soon - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Coming soon to a Ikea or Wayfair soon (/showthread.php?tid=7374642)

Pages: 1 2

Coming soon to a Ikea or Wayfair soon - Arlin Eastman - 12-31-2023

Skillful Carpentry Techniques Of Vietnamese Carpenters - Unique Design Ideas Very Fancy Round table

Do not watch the bandsaw part it will make you pucker.  
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

RE: Coming soon to a Ikea or Wayfair soon - tablesawtom - 01-01-2024

interesting.

Tom

RE: Coming soon to a Ikea or Wayfair soon - Arlin Eastman - 01-02-2024

That is an understatement Tom

RE: Coming soon to a Ikea or Wayfair soon - AHill - 01-02-2024

I thought his router technique was much scarier than his bandsaw work.

RE: Coming soon to a Ikea or Wayfair soon - Stwood_ - 01-02-2024

(01-02-2024, 04:33 PM)AHill Wrote: I thought his router technique was much scarier than his bandsaw work.

Agree

RE: Coming soon to a Ikea or Wayfair soon - EvilTwin - 01-03-2024

Interesting is right. Never saw more ways that you can use a grinder than this video. All the knockoff chinese tools and the end result is a fairly hideous wagon wheel type table.

RE: Coming soon to a Ikea or Wayfair soon - Arlin Eastman - 01-03-2024

(01-02-2024, 04:33 PM)AHill Wrote: I thought his router technique was much scarier than his bandsaw work.

I seen a few videos of them using tools and it seems they have no respect for them.  They abuse them and just try to get the job done as fast as possible.  He taken to big of bits and after pushing the router to hard he scalped areas.

RE: Coming soon to a Ikea or Wayfair soon - Arlin Eastman - 01-03-2024

(01-03-2024, 02:23 PM)EvilTwin Wrote: Interesting is right.  Never saw more ways that you can use a grinder than this video.  All the knockoff chinese tools and the end result is a fairly hideous wagon wheel type table.

Good idea just poorly done but I give him credit for thinking of it and trying anyway.

RE: Coming soon to a Ikea or Wayfair soon - museumguy - 01-03-2024

There are quite a few related videos of furniture being made in Asian countries. It's pretty interesting to watch. I imagine that the same comments would be made. They definitely work differently than we do in the states.

RE: Coming soon to a Ikea or Wayfair soon - Stwood_ - 01-04-2024

Use to be some vids of the Mexicans doing woodworking. One dude had a skillsaw upside down in a board, laying on a sawhorse. That was his only power tool. Everything else was hand tools.