Sketchup Guru
I recently installed Sketchup free version for windows.
I know it is suppose to be easy but I am not having any luck . I just want to design simple stuff like router table, workbench. I am stuck on basics skills.

Is there anyone who can help me on the basics ? I have webex installed so we can do remote training session.
Jack, check out this link . It gives you some basics and a couple of projects to walk you through to get started.
You need help. Learning SketchUp is darned right difficult w/o it, but not hard at all with it. I recommend Dave Richard's DVD, or Tim Killen's book. I used Killen's book and I learned how to use the basics in 4 to 6 hours, enough that I could generate a complete model of a basic piece of furniture on my own.

Dave Richards is a member here (DaveR1), and very helpful and generous with his time in helping people learn SketchUp, answer their questions, problem solve, etc.

Good luck.

John
jteneyck said:

Dave Richards is a member here (DaveR1), and very helpful and generous with his time in helping people learn SketchUp, answer their questions, problem solve, etc.

Good luck.

John

I knew Dave was genius level with Sketchup, but didn't know he was a published author about it. Place never ceases to amaze me
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Jack, I sent you a PM.

And John, thank you. Steve, you too.
DaveR1 said:

Jack, I sent you a PM.

And John, thank you. Steve, you too.

See, just amazing

Dave, the thanks go to you, for your helping people as you do.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I appreciate Dave’s help on this. He scheduled a WebEx on Saturday morning and showed me how to enter the measurements.

Now I am drawing some simple projects in Sketchup.

Two weeks ago I purchased Sketchup for Woodworker by Dave Richards, which is very informative and every woodworker should get it. It let you get started in Sketchup and shows lot of tricks.

I never thought that I will be talking to the author of this DVD for some simple issue I had with Sketchup.

Again Dave , thank you for all your time.
Jack01 said:

I appreciate Dave’s help on this. He scheduled a WebEx on Saturday morning and showed me how to enter the measurements.

Now I am drawing some simple projects in Sketchup.

Two weeks ago I purchased Sketchup for Woodworker by Dave Richards, which is very informative and every woodworker should get it. It let you get started in Sketchup and shows lot of tricks.

I never thought that I will be talking to the author of this DVD for some simple issue I had with Sketchup.

Again Dave , thank you for all your time.

Dave's the bestest.
"The things I make may be for others, but how I make them is for me." -Tony Konovaloff
"Have nothing in your house which you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." - William Morris
Jack, it was a pleasure. I'm glad I was able to help, too.

Kompera, thank you.
Jack,

I learned how to use Sketchup from an earlier version of Bonnie Roskes' Sketchup 8 Hands on Exercises . I highly recommend it, and the company is great to deal with. You can buy a downloadable pdf from 3DVinci at the 3DVinci web page

Many details of using Sketchup are a bit more subtle than with other drawing programs (for want of a better word), so be patient with yourself. IMO it is well worth the trouble to learn.

Best of luck

Doug