It's no fancy commode, but it is comfortable
Well, it ain't no Dianna and Minerva commode.  But I'm happy and it sits well.

Basic Adirondack chair, painted blue.   Or as I'm calling it BLUE!

I've been learning to use my SprayFine A401 (4-stage) HVLP turbine and gun system.  Sprayed several small pieces using shellac and poly.  This one is done with paint.  The primer coat was done with the chair disassembled, the color coat (2) with it assembled.  So lots of practice moving pieces through and later working with odd angles and shapes.

Primer and color coats are both exterior 100% acrylic.  Wood is mostly Douglas Fir, which so long as I keep it painted, should be fine outdoors on the deck.

The key I've found to spraying paint with my system is to first read the instructions, then follow the instructions.  The paint was thinned just enough to get a 35 second flow out of a Ford #4 cup.  This meant about 12% dilution with water for the primer and about 10% for the color coat.  Both coats also got some Floetrol which doesn't alter the viscosity, just helps it flow better.

Took longer to clean the gun than to shoot two color coats!

[Image: 28630321916_6de1332bc8_c.jpg] [Image: 28045381244_deb83be927_c.jpg]

* This light spot at the upper right is sunlight, thought I had the whole thing in the shade!
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(07-30-2016, 09:27 PM)Rob Young Wrote: Basic Adirondack chair, painted blue.   Or as I'm calling it BLUE!

Ayep, that be BLUE
Cool need the shades to look at it directly.
Big Grin

Rob did you use a plan or just wing it? Looks like a nice seat.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(07-30-2016, 10:22 PM)Steve N Wrote: Ayep, that be BLUE  
Cool need the shades to look at it directly.
Big Grin

Rob did you use a plan or just wing it? Looks like a nice seat.

The one that was in Fine Woodworking several years ago.  I made MDF templates so it I like this after some serious sit testing (I'm good at that) I can duplicate. Or I can modify/remake a template piece and they again.
Nice looking chairs, I think the color is great but to me it looks more of a Teal color than Blue.

Steve
(07-31-2016, 07:39 AM)Window Guy Wrote: Nice looking chairs, I think the color is great but to me it looks more of a Teal color than Blue.

Steve

Well la-te-da, aren't we fancy. Teal!
(07-31-2016, 08:38 AM)Rob Young Wrote: Well la-te-da, aren't we fancy. Teal!

Yes we are 
Big Grin, nice looking chairs they look real comfy.

Steve