mulch options for grass seed
(05-29-2024, 05:43 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: The downside of straw... The straw seeds germinate.. so you'll have to pluck em

In my area straw is from wheat so 1 or 2 cuttings and it the wheat sprouts die.   I don't know how straw from other grains grow, if mowing will kill them or not.  Roly
(05-30-2024, 07:42 PM)Roly Wrote: In my area straw is from wheat so 1 or 2 cuttings and it the wheat sprouts die.   I don't know how straw from other grains grow, if mowing will kill them or not.  Roly

That...and farmers invest a lot of money to make sure they leave as few wheat seeds as possible on that straw.
(05-29-2024, 10:00 AM)JosephP Wrote: Curious...what is the pellet product you use if you wouldn't mind sharing.  I had posted a link to one I've used in the past that i can no longer find.  I try hard not to do any grass seeding, but will rarely let a client talk me into it when its part of a larger product mostly focused on trees and if they've struck out finding somebody else.

Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
Thanks 2beast.  Seems to be out of stock at online retails.  I'll try to get to SiteOne to see if they have it...but then I found this statement at this site:

"The Illinois factory of LSC environmental burned to the ground in February 2024.  Fortunately, no one was injured in the fire.  As a result, we are unable to supply EZ-MULCH-AF at this time. "

The product also came up at domyown.com (I buy some pesticide products from them...).  Their site says "This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer."

You might wanna buy up all the local stock you can get your hands on!

(I bet they made the Pennington product I used, but can no longer find...looks pretty similar, and just seemed to suddenly disappear)
Thanks,
Order placed
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery