Harvey sliding table
Been wanting a Saw Stop sliding table for a few years. I got off my fanny and ordered a Harvey sliding table instead. Hopefully, when I sell my Excalibur sliding table, it will free up some shop room. 

I am kind of considering removing the Left side, side table. If I do I will have to cut the rail for the fence off, but it doesn't look like I will have to relocate the switch,

Any pros or cons to this?

Tom
The only concern I would have would be if the remaining rail (s) had enough fasteners left to support the right side extension. In looking at my Saw, it looks like you would only be removing a short piece of rail and one bolt...I'd say you're good to go. I'm guessing you have to shorten both the front and back rail.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(05-12-2024, 03:53 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: Been wanting a Saw Stop sliding table for a few years. I got off my fanny and ordered a Harvey sliding table instead. Hopefully, when I sell my Excalibur sliding table, it will free up some shop room. 

I am kind of considering removing the Left side, side table. If I do I will have to cut the rail for the fence off, but it doesn't look like I will have to relocate the switch,

Any pros or cons to this?

Tom

I have the Harvey on my Sawstop.

I did NOT take off the left wing, mainly because I wanted to keep the weight distribution for moving the saw.

I also don’t think the slider was really designed with the intention of taking that wing off, as it doesn’t have a huge amount of surface area.

I really like the sliding table, and recently used to to square up and trim the ends of a heavy laminated slab that was 66” long and 19” wide.  It works great.

The only gripe I have about sliding table, is that you have to remove and replace the miter fence any time you want to go between sliding and ripping.

There aren’t any tricks for getting the miter fence back to square that I have found, so you will have to tinker with it some.

I personally use my old Incra Miter gauge turned backwards in the saws miter slot and one of the longer sub fences on it to line up the Harvey slider miter fence.  This works pretty well.

Duke
(05-13-2024, 06:40 AM)fredhargis Wrote: The only concern I would have would be if the remaining rail (s) had enough fasteners left to support the right side extension. In looking at my Saw, it looks like you would only be removing a short piece of rail and one bolt...I'd say you're good to go. I'm guessing you have to shorten both the front and back rail.

I forgot about the back rail. That one would have stood out like a sore thumb. My saw is in place and it doesn't move. So Balancing it out doesn't inter the equation. I had a General 350 that I put a delta sliding table on. The sliding table left a lot to be desired, but that is a different story. I had to remove the left side extension to mount it . Actually I liked the saw better with it gone and never put it back on.
I was expecting it to come Monday the 20th. It came today, Saturday the 18th. I didn't say anything to my 50 year old daughter about the package , who had her ear buds in and almost didn't hear the doorbell. The package needed to be signed for. In the mean time the the 65 year old woman that lives a crossed the street had her 87 year old father fall down and dislocate his shoulder in her driveway. The 65 year old a crossed the street is not playing with a full deck. 

Luckily the Fed Ex driver had a dolly and my daughter talked him into getting my sliding table package into the house. Then went a crossed the street, got the basket case daughter out of the way, administered firs aid and called an ambulance  My Daughters is a Dental Hygienist and luckily she has had a lot of training for stuff like that.

So all is well that ends well, at least until I saw the instruction for assembly. I heard they were not to real good but that is an understatement. I will let you know when I get on.

Tom
I have it on. I did remove the left wing and I did have to cut off 12 inches of the fence rail. I also had to cut off the back rail and a little off from  my outfeed table. It bolted right up and there was a bracket to mount the switch to so every thing went well. I really didn't need the instructions but the pictures were helpful.

The fence gets in the way of some longer rip so I have it off right now. finding a place for it is tough. I haven't squared the fence up yet. I will see how that goes. I have a lot of other things I have to do and since I have the Excalibur sliding table on a different saw  I am in no hurry.

My overall impressions are it is well built, love the adjustable stops. The sliding table adds extra support to larger sheets of plywood. I am happy I purchased it and It will get more use as I get used to it.

Tom