Grizzly band saw
I was just looking and a Grizzly 513X2 bandsaw is listed at $1,995. That is quite a jump from what they used to be. As a matter of fact all the saws took a big jump. Is there that much of a demand for saws at that price?

Tom
(05-26-2024, 03:46 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: I was just looking and a Grizzly 513X2 bandsaw is listed at $1,995. That is quite a jump from what they used to be. As a matter of fact all the saws took a big jump. Is there that much of a demand for saws at that price?

Tom

The prices are high compared to historical levels, but their current prices actually are lower than a couple of years ago during the pandemic.  

John
I bought a 531x2 about 8 years ago. It's the one with cast iron wheels & trunnions, better fence and foot brake. Cost around $1,100.00 and worth every penny then. I would easily pay $2,000.00 for it today, though there are many excellent competing makes. The Grizz is 220v and the motor starter was bad out of the box. Grizz sent me a replacement, but it was different than what came with the saw and different enough I had to have an electrician come in to make sure it was wired correctly-maybe a run of starters or the electric foot brake? In any case, after the replacement, an excellent saw.

I've a Jet 14" for over twenty years, one of the better models. Still have it, but the Grizz is so much better.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(05-27-2024, 06:39 AM)Tony Z Wrote: I bought a 531x2 about 8 years ago.  It's the one with cast iron wheels & trunnions, better fence and foot brake.  Cost around $1,100.00 and worth every penny then.  I would easily pay $2,000.00 for it today, though there are many excellent competing makes.  The Grizz is 220v and the motor starter was bad out of the box.  Grizz sent me a replacement, but it was different than what came with the saw and different enough I had to have an electrician come in to make sure it was wired correctly-maybe a run of starters or the electric foot brake?  In any case, after the replacement, an excellent saw.

I've a Jet 14" for over twenty years, one of the better models.  Still have it, but the Grizz is so much better.

I have the  GO513x2,  without the brake, has worked flawlessly for many years, other than having to replace the tires,  a well built machine - though of course,  I have made some mods.
(05-27-2024, 08:58 AM)barryvabeach Wrote: I have the  GO513x2,  without the brake, has worked flawlessly for many years, other than having to replace the tires,  a well built machine - though of course,  I have made some mods.

I also had to replace the tires on mine, no mods. Never really used to brake. The fence on mine couldn't be better!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com