Chair making
It has been a long journey to get to this point. I started making a chair years ago, but never finished. This project has been burning inside my head for longer then I care to think about. Finally got a working steam box put together and the rad oak log I got last year had enough straightness to provide the parts for this chair.

The end is very near as I should have this ready for paint this weekend.

The long spindles will be spread out, just haven't got that far yet. I still have to carve the gutter and touch up the seat before gluing in the top half.
Wow, Scoony! That looks so cool!
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Yep, agreed that is going to be sweet once you finish it- looking forward to seeing pics.
Very nice! With your penchant for getting stuff done quickly, I'm shocked that you had a project hanging around that long.

Just curious - what did you use to shape the seat. Looks inviting. Is the seat pine, or did you use red oak for that too?

Steve
The seat is poplar, but a local sawer cuts bass wood in huge chunks so I am hoping to get some seat blanks of bass wood.

For shaping, adz, home made compass plane, travisher, and scorp do the shaping. I did run the ROS of the seat to clean up the math work for stretcher lengths, but need to go over it with a scraper and travisher a little more to get at some high spots.
Very nice! Sort of timely, as I was reviewing a freebie Woodright's Shop DVD and they had an early episode where Roy visited Mike Dunbars, Windsor Institute. The amount of information on chair construction in that one show was very eye opening.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Impressive work! Something with that many curves has to be challenging.
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
Love it! A real feather in your cap. Wear it proudly.
Bill
Got her glued up tonight. Just needs some finishing touches before paint.

Bad cell phones pics, but I will get better ones once finished.
Oh man, that do be purty.

How big a person do you can safely sit in it. I only ask because the pics make it look delicate.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard