Auxiliary Bench: Quick and Dirty
There never seems to be enough area in the shop to put stuff on. Not necessarily a space to work, but a space for stuff to sit when its not being worked on or not yet put where it belongs. My jointer collects stuff, as does my table saw, my router table, etc. I finally decided to install more table surface area, and it ended up looking a lot like a workbench. Woodcraft had 60" x 27" x 1-1/2" birch bench tops on sale (around $120), and the legs were glue-ups of some cherry that was about 75% sap wood. A 2x4 cleat attached to the wall, and your done. Wish I had done this long ago.
Great looking auxiliary bench. If things go anywhere near the way they go around my place, it won't be long before it's full, and you need an auxiliary bench to catch the overflow.

I will point out that there is room for a shelf underneath. Flat space is always at a premium.
Robin of Kingston
Actually it was full by about 5:00 this afternoon!
Time to add a shelf or two underneath.

I'm sure there is a Murphy's law that states something to the effect of: No flat surface goes unpiled for as long as needed.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
I believe Murphy's law states that any flat surface will accumulate stuff and fill up until there is no more room.

I will bet that the top is about half full now.

Tom
Nice! That reminds me of when I could see my shop floor.
Mike

Funny on occasion, embarrassing on average.