wood drift when i try to resaw on band saw
oh i thank you to much for the information. Too much information that helps very much. i will change the blades today and see what will will happean. Again I appreciate your help in this matter gus

I used to resaw vernier down to 3/32" on mine and about 2 years ago it began drifting left. I have tried everything in the book- it still drifts left.

Even this guy couldn't help;
(03-07-2017, 10:34 PM)daddo Wrote: I used to resaw vernier down to 3/32" on mine and about 2 years ago it began drifting left. I have tried everything in the book- it still drifts left.

Even this guy couldn't help;

Yeah, well that guy says not to bother checking the wheels.   My 14" Delta would not cut straight, no matter what, until I adjusted the wheels to be coplaner.  It only takes 30 minutes or so.  Take the table off, cut a piece of plywood to fit around anything still in the way, and check them on both sides of center.  While you're at it, also check to make sure the axles are in the same vertical axis if it has a 2 piece frame like the Delta.

John
I would definitely give it a try but if you are pulling your hair out trying to duplicate Snodgrass, then simply adjust the fence for drift & in 30 seconds you're done. I've used various bandsaws like this for >25 years and they resaw just fine.

What if the saw has flat wheels?

If its never done it before its most likely the blade.

But, as mentioned first check your blade tension, guides, and make sure you've got a good quality resaw blade.
Tension and guides are almost irrelevant.  Yes, higher tension makes the blade more resistant to deflection so it will naturally cut straigher, but as long as you don't overload the blade almost any tension is enough. Said another way, no amount of tension will cure a dull blade or poor tracking.  Guides are needed for cutting curves; much less so for cutting straight.  If you are relying on the guides in order to cut straight, something's wrong.

Blade and tracking are the two most important things.  Everything else is way down the list. 

John
John

Just remember everyone is trying to give him options not the "only way to cut" advise.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(03-07-2017, 11:06 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Yeah, well that guy says not to bother checking the wheels.   My 14" Delta would not cut straight, no matter what, until I adjusted the wheels to be coplaner.  It only takes 30 minutes or so.  Take the table off, cut a piece of plywood to fit around anything still in the way, and check them on both sides of center.  While you're at it, also check to make sure the axles are in the same vertical axis if it has a 2 piece frame like the Delta.

John
I think he actually said that it should be the last thing you should mess with referring to the wheels. Obviously when things get old the time will come for it to happen.  Just two days ago I setup my new bandsaw.  I took my laptop out to the shop and used his video step by step to set up. I've never used or owned one before.  I did a resaw on walnut 8" wide 1/8 thick.  I checked it with calipers at four corners and it came out within .003.  For me that is good enough.