Rust Hunt weekend....
Currently, the shop has two Stanley Mitre Boxes.....a #2246, and a #358.      The #358 has a 28" long saw....2" shorter than this newer Langdon's saw.  Both use a 5" deep saw, and the saws are made by Henry Disston &Sons.

The #2246 currently uses a 4" X 24" saw.   

Oh, and I also have a GEM folding Mitre Box......

I seem to be unable to resist these big Mitre Boxes...

Will look into the manual for this saw......The #75 is a little different than the #74.....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Seems i did too well of a job rehabbing that Langdon......it will take the place of the Stanley #358, AND the Stanley #2246.....haven't got the room for all three.
No

Have a "Get-together" next weekend...tool s wap, story swap, lots of food.    I think the two extra mitre boxes and saws will go along.    Doubt if they will return with me.....
Rolleyes

May keep one of the 5 x 28" saws from the Stanley 358, to use as a backup for the 5 x 30", like when it is out for a sharpening....
Wink
Took awhile to switch out the two mitre boxes.....had to fix the Stanley 358.     Thumbscrew to hold the bar that connects the front and rear guides, had stripped out.
No   Needed to get out some toys..

As the threads were gone.    Went the next size larger, after I found a bolt close enough to the size needed.   With that fixed, I took the Stanley box upstairs, and brought the 40 pounds of Langdon down to the bench...had to attach it a little closer to the front edge....

Test drive showed I needed to stone the right side of the saw's teeth.   Was pulling to the right a bit.    Will need a shim under the left rear foot, too.