Boss wants a Pantry Cupboard
Yes better pics. Full shop
Yes 
Careful, if it won't tip over, you may have another shop cabinet.
Laugh 
Naw, all is good.
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Was trying to take the day off, from the shop......had a board needed to be cut down..
    Marked for 2 boards @31" long, out of a 1 x 10 x 6'     Cut the knotty mid section out,
Saw is a late model D-8, 8ppi.....Cardio workout...

Still had the mortise jig on the bench.   Wasn't much room alongside the bench.   Other end of the board just rests on the bench..

While I joint one edge. Plane is a Stanley #5-1/2, type 17.....

No glue, no clamps, might have the edges about ready?   I spread some glue and rubbed the two parts together..

Then added a few clamps, just in case Shop Cat should walk by.  

Will let this cure for awhile.    next, I can trim the ends square, maybe rip for width, and round a couple corners.....then this top will be ready for the top of the Pantry Cupboard...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Went out and bought a sheet of 3/4" plywood today.     I guess I can start making a few shelves....

Cool
Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Top is out of the clamps, trimmed to size, ends squared up.    Then a bit of handplane work...

To get it flat.  Planed the end grain a bit, and beveled the edges.   Used a quarter to layout two corners, then a beltsander to shape

Then drilled a few slotted holes, and screwed the top into place..

Maybe tomorrow afternoon, I can cut this down into shelves..

maybe.....also need to make cleats to hang the shelves....We're getting there....

Had to wait and see IF I had the settings right....new camera...bottom shelf installed

Cleat for the next shelf.   Shelf also has a cleat across the back edge...

Once shelf two is installed..

I can glue on a thin strip of pine facing, using a thick piece as a clamping caul...

I got enough for three shelve out of the first panel....with a little left over.   Looks like a good spot for this...

Taking a supper break......need to rip a few more cleats.  Then figure out how many more shelves the boss wants...

stay tuned, to this batty channel..
The photos from the new camera look great.
Got to checking things when I just installed shelf #3......left side was higher than the right?    Hmm, checked #2...left side was 1/8" higher......on #3, it was up to a 1/4".....grrrr

Went back and raised the right side to match the left on #3.. re-installed the screws.   Still off, but just a 1/16".....I think I can live with that.    I made sure the next two sets of cleats were level . 

Had enough screws to make and install cleats for the last two shelves.   Need to cut the shelves, and get them installed.  

I'll wait until the case is upstairs, before I add the 3/4" thick back.    Thing is heavy enough right now.    Once the case is out of the way, I'll have plenty of room to work on the back, and the doors. 

Need another run for screws....
(05-31-2017, 12:45 PM)bandit571 Wrote:

Need another run for screws....

Don't be getting sidetracked again now.
Uhoh
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Bought the LARGE box this time.....will see how long 200 lasts..
Rolleyes

No sales today......Village wide ones this weekend....
Uhoh
Uhoh
Uhoh