Ulmia and ECE plane pricing
I'm looking to sell some older Ulmia planes along with an ECE plane and I'm having trouble pricing them.  Is there any other source for pricing besides eBay?  There's a few 48mm, 45mm, 33mm, 30mm, 60mm and a few others that I can't find a marking on.  The ECE plane is marked 103 S 48 on the back and it has 48 stamped in the blade.  Is there an equivalent for Ulmia planes like what we have for identifying old stanley planes (superiorworks.com)?

Pic of said planes:  <a data-flickr-embed="true"  href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/8298745@N08/36777437400/in/dateposted-public/" title="IMG_9373">IMG_9373</a>
(09-11-2017, 05:40 PM)greatscott Wrote: I'm looking to sell some older Ulmia planes along with an ECE plane and I'm having trouble pricing them.  Is there any other source for pricing besides eBay?  There's a few 48mm, 45mm, 33mm, 30mm, 60mm and a few others that I can't find a marking on.  The ECE plane is marked 103 S 48 on the back and it has 48 stamped in the blade.  Is there an equivalent for Ulmia planes like what we have for identifying old stanley planes (superiorworks.com)?

Pic of said planes:  <a data-flickr-embed="true"  href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/8298745@N08/36777437400/in/dateposted-public/" title="IMG_9373">IMG_9373</a>

Ultimately used tools are worth what someone is willing to pay.
However, a fair starting point is half what a new one costs. Go up or down based on rarity, condition, etc.
Good luck.
Mike
Semper Audere!
eBay and similar places are likely your best bet.  Be sure to look at the "sold" prices, though, not the prices asked.  Some people think that their tools are made from gold.

If you're not selling locally - that is, if you're shipping - the shipping cost is an element in the selling cost. The lower your shipping, the more you can ask and/or are likely to get for the tool itself. If you use the Post Office - often the best prices for small things like those planes - get familiar with the various kinds of priority shipping, both flat rate and regional. The Post Office has a number of different box sizes for priority, not all of which are necessarily available at your local post office; but you can order them for free and get them in a week or so.