India's best woorcarvers
Thumbs Up 
Check out the tools they are using...The skill is in the hands..not the tool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foDIBGsJ3UY
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Not a bench, vise, or other inanimate hold-down in site!
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
(01-13-2018, 05:20 PM)jppierson Wrote: Not a bench, vise, or other inanimate hold-down in site!

Impossible !!!!!!! It cannot be done without expensive tools, Colonel !!!!
Winkgrin
Big Grin

Get off my lawn !
Upset

These guys remind me of Bandit. He takes some old wood chunks laying around and builds a dresser out of it and it turns out nice. We(Americans) need to have a zillion dollars of tools in the work shop and then sit there and procrastinate forever deciding what to build. These guys in India take a hunk of wood and say, "hmmm, this looks like a leg on a chair and if I can carve it with flowers, I might be able to get twenty more cents". Poverty makes folks ambitious when your belly is empty.
(01-13-2018, 05:44 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Impossible !!!!!!! It cannot be done without expensive tools, Colonel !!!!
Winkgrin  
Big Grin

I guess that is why they drink tea and sit on the floor instead of tippin fine whiskey in a deep leather chair. No cash left after buying those expensive tools.

Just think how good field rations could have been if not for the money spent on toilet seats for our Air Force bretheren!
Train to be miserable...
(01-13-2018, 08:36 PM)jppierson Wrote: I guess that is why they drink tea and sit on the floor instead of tippin fine whiskey in a deep leather chair.  No cash left after buying those expensive tools.

Just think how good field rations could have been if not for the money spent on toilet seats for our Air Force bretheren!
Tell me about it Colonel.
Crazy ..I can still remember how I had to put those cans of "C" rats under my Parka armpit to thaw out that can of lard and sausage patties the Marine Corps called "food"......and how nice a tent would have been...if we had any tents!!!
Angry
...Have to admit tho, that those Junior Birdmen looked sharp in their Raybans and Bus Driver suits.

Run, duck and cover!!!!!!!!!
Laugh

Get off my lawn !
Upset

(01-13-2018, 08:57 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: .................
Tell me about it Colonel.
Crazy ..I can still remember how I had to put those cans of "C" rats under my Parka armpit to thaw out that can of lard and sausage patties the Marine Corps called "food"......and how nice a tent would have been...if we had any tents!!!
Angry
...Have to admit tho, that those Junior Birdmen looked sharp in their Raybans and Bus Driver suits.

Run, duck and cover!!!!!!!!!
Laugh

Didn't have it as tough as your experiences in winter time Korea. I was blessed to have power in the field being a comms guy. I do remember one Soldier learned the hard way to open his can of beans and weens before warming it on the exhaust maniford of his deuce-n-a-half. Heck of a mess, but the truck smelled better
Big Grin
Train to be miserable...
(01-13-2018, 09:04 PM)jppierson Wrote: Didn't have it as tough as your experiences in winter time Korea.  I was blessed to have power in the field being a comms guy.  I do remember one Soldier learned the hard way to open his can of beans and weens before warming it on the exhaust maniford of his deuce-n-a-half.  Heck of a mess, but the truck smelled better  
Big Grin
Beanie-weenie was my favorite C Rat...and I swapped for them any chance I got...Spent plenty of time hovering over a warm engine..We stuffed grass and weeds in front of the radiators to make the engine get hot enough.,
Laugh
Laugh

Get off my lawn !
Upset

I had to turn the music off after about a minute, but those guys are pretty talented.

As far as eating in the field goes, we had C-Rats when I first went on active duty.  We'd put the cans on the exhaust manifold of a 10KW generator.  The vibration from the generator rotated the can nicely, and in 5 minutes, you had piping hot food.  Then the Army came up with MREs.  What genius thought soldiers were gonna like that nasty stuff?  They had lots of calories but no bulk, so you finished a meal and still felt hungry.  Understandable they wanted to keep the weight down (logistics of transporting 1000's of MREs all over creation).  They reformulated them to add bulk, and introduced more variety in the meal choices.  Still never could find a decent way to heat them up when I was on active duty.  Now a box of MRE's comes with heating tabs.  They say you have to pay attention to the three "M's":  Meals, Money, and Mail. Heck, you used to get real, no kidding hot meals in the field cooked by real people with real food. Those days are long gone.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(01-13-2018, 08:36 PM)jppierson Wrote: I guess that is why they drink tea and sit on the floor instead of tippin fine whiskey in a deep leather chair.  No cash left after buying those expensive tools.

We have soft tushes and need it.  Also we do not get our back sides kicked all the time which gives calluses.
Big Grin
Laugh
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.