Finish for a wooden Moulding plane
I was recently gifted a wooden Moulding plane. The body is in very good shape and I am going to try to learn how to use it.
I scrubbed it with simple green and a scotch brite and want to give it some finish.
I have Howard's bees wax and orange oil polish that I have used with a lot of success on older furniture.
Would it be a good idea to use it on this plane?
Thanks
(02-09-2018, 06:45 PM)johndi Wrote: I was recently gifted a wooden Moulding plane. The body is in very good shape and I am going to try to learn how to use it.
I scrubbed it with simple green and a scotch brite and want to give it some finish.
I have Howard's bees wax and orange oil polish that I have used with a lot of success on older furniture.
Would it be a good idea to use it on this plane?
Thanks
Bees wax-  safe for hands,  and can be reapplied anytime easily.
(02-09-2018, 07:03 PM)anneb3 Wrote: Bees wax-  safe for hands,  and can be reapplied anytime easily.

Yup, wax . When they are dried out, BLO, but in good shape wax does the trick.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
What they said! The wax. I use a paste wax called Alfie Shine, but bee's wax is good.
I like to give mine a liberal coat of turpentine after cleaning. It will dry in a day or two and the plane is ready for wax. I use Johnsons paste wax but would use beeswax if I had some to spare.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com