Drywall sanders
Oh, it doesn't fall to the floor. It is broadcast everywhere. Let's just say that my wife is not a happy camper right now.
thanks for letting us know your experience.  I decided to get stilts instead.  Figure that will help me do a better job and thus need less sanding.
(02-22-2018, 07:39 AM)EricU Wrote: thanks for letting us know your experience.  I decided to get stilts instead.  Figure that will help me do a better job and thus need less sanding.

One old taper showing me how to tape said it is easier to add another coat than to sand it off.   If you are using premixed mud, a damp sponge may be all you need after it dries.   Roly
eta: Roly, thanks for reminding me about sponges. Makes a lot more sense overhead. I have a couple of them, but I don't use them very often.

most of my sanding is where I had to move the ladder or something like that.  Or where there was a defect in the underlying structure/drywall that was too hard to get rid of. I'm a big believer in just adding more compound, and i almost always skim coat.
Clear the floor if you use stilts!  I stepped on a power cord and luckily slid down a wall to the floor. We all know how sharp taping knives can get with age!!!

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
I have been cleaning up the construction mess.  I'll stay near the walls until I feel more confident. First place I'm going to use them is behind the lathes, so I'll have something to lean on.  And I'm not getting that far off the floor anyway.
So I'm going to double down on a bad idea.
Couldn't help but notice when I put it together that it looked like I could use it on hardwood floors.
So.....
In the next few weeks when the drywall is done, I'm going to try it on the landing in the basement.
What do they say about those that don't learn from history?
While installing a new system in a new 4k sg ft house, I watched the mudders and they never sanded. Don't know how common it is, but the surfaces floated were so smooth, it's as if they weren't there.

The small amount I've ever done, I use the little square sander. Noisy, but does ok.
I have watched a lot of youtube videos of pros.  Now I want a taping bazooka.  I think my biggest problem is just getting mud from the hawk and onto the drywall.  I keep getting better, but still not there.  Don't know why this is important to me, I should just hire people to do it.
now my basement smells like Harbor Freight.  The only thing rubber on the stilts is the soles on the bottom.  Hoping that it fades fairly quickly.