paving costs in the mid-atlantic area
I have an area that is about 16000 sq feet behind one of my buildings. It was paved many years ago and is completely trashed?  Just as a reference point, about 1/2 of it is questionable as to if it was ever paved as to the normal person, it just looks like loose rocks. The other side looks  better but it looks like paving that is trashed with lots of weeds growing up through it. . In the end, I have a quote to come in and redo the entire lot. They will use the existing small stone where they can and compact it. Then a 2 inch layer and compact that. Then a 1.5 inch layer and compact that. The quote is coming in at 35K which is about $2 a square foot. The area is flat and very flat with few obstructions. Is this quote anywhere in the ballpark? The obviously answer is to get multiple quotes and I might ultimately want to do that but I'd love to get an idea if this is in the ballpark.. thanks-brian
That doesn't sound that bad at all, up here residential paving goes for $2-$2.50 a square foot at 2" compacted with very little base work.
That doesn't sound out of line. If you get comparable quotes, make sure they are doing comparable work. I had a driveway done. 100 yards long with a 40 yard spur. There was a 40x40 turn around area also. I had quotes from 21,000 to $8,000. The 40 yard spur was a new extension so some grading and stone was laid there and the turn-around doubled in size so grading and stone there also. The 21k would take up the old driveway. One was at $17k and they would only take up the damaged sections and in front of the garage door. The $8,000 would also take out in front of the door and the damaged sections. iirc, all three quotes were putting down 3". We went with the the 8k, That was 15 years ago and it still looks fine.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Thanks for the info. Looks like I am in the neighborhood
(04-16-2018, 08:38 PM)bsheffer Wrote: Thanks for the info. Looks like I am in the neighborhood

Quality paving costs.  I have a pretty big driveway, neighbors were paving for quotes in the $3k range, I paid $7k.  17 years later, they are all repaving, mine is still solid, a few cracks, but filler takes care of it.  Does not sound excessive.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis