I thought this year maybe we could exchange
Sorry Arlin, I won't be able to. I'm so far behind it's not even funny. I had to take a weeks vacation next week to try and get caught up with this so called *hobby*
No Problem my friend I do understand.  I hope you get caught up.  I guess you are getting famous for your turnings.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(04-18-2018, 11:29 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I wish they would change that since just one word is needed. 

Well so far that makes three of us and I am quite happy.  Also if anyone wishes to trade wood with it can do it also.

Count me in on the ornament.

I would suggest keeping it simple and just do the ornaments the first time.

If you add the trade wood, it gets complicated in a hurry. Just my $0.02 on that, of course.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(04-22-2018, 10:36 AM)iclark Wrote: I would suggest keeping it simple and just do the ornaments the first time.

I agree, let's keep it to ornaments.
No problem no other things but the ornaments.

So now we have 5 and a maybe.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Maybe we should define "Christmas Ornament"

To me it is anything that will hang on a tree.

1. Any shape of roundness can be oblong or sphere or tear drop like
2. Snowman
3. Angel
4. Santa Claws
5. Bells
6. Elves, or Mrs. Claws Mrs. Snowman or other helpers
7. I think even a cool Bird House will fit since birds have resided in them see #11
8. Christmas Tree topper
9. Inside Out turning
10. Christmas Tree
11. acorn bird houses
12.  icicles
13.  ornaments that look like the old-fashioned screw-in Christmas light bulbs
14.  Or ...

I am thinking it should be Christmas Themed

What do you guys think?

(04-22-2018, 10:13 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Maybe we should define "Christmas Ornament"

To me it is anything that will hang on a tree.

1. Any shape of roundness can be oblong or sphere or tear drop like
2. Snowman
3. Angle
4. Santa Claws
5. Bells
6. Elves, or Mrs. Claws Mrs. Snowman or other helpers
7. I think even a cool Bird House will fit since birds have resided in them
8. Christmas Tree topper
9. Inside Out turning
10. Christmas Tree
11. Or ...

I am thinking it should be Christmas Themed

What do you guys think?

Lathe only?  All or parts turned? Wood only?  Ornaments covers a lot of ground.
(04-23-2018, 07:27 AM)hairy Wrote: Lathe only?  All or parts turned? Wood only?  Ornaments covers a lot of ground.

What does everyone think?

I would say NOT bought anyway.

(04-23-2018, 10:48 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: What does everyone think?

I would say NOT bought anyway.

I agree with not bought. Nothing purchased but materials used to construct, and most of us already have most of the ingredients on hand.
(04-23-2018, 11:46 AM)hairy Wrote: I agree with not bought. Nothing purchased but materials used to construct, and most of us already have most of the ingredients on hand.

It does not matter to me how it is made.  I figure someone does the best with what they have.