Question(s) for Sawstop owners/users
Hope this dosn't go south, but anyway: do you guys leave the circuit energized all the time? My practice is to try and remember to turn it off unless I'm actually using the saw. What about changing blades, do you just turn the circuit off to do so (that's my current practice)? With my Unisaw I always unplugged it to change blades, but it seems that disabling the circuit on a SS should be good enough(?). The first is a curiosity question, the second just looking for the opinions of others.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(07-11-2018, 04:28 PM)fredhargis Wrote: Hope this dosn't go south, but anyway: do you guys leave the circuit energized all the time? My practice is to try and remember to turn it off unless I'm actually using the saw. What about changing blades, do you just turn the circuit off to do so (that's my current practice)? With my Unisaw I always unplugged it to change blades, but it seems that disabling the circuit on a SS should be good enough(?). The first is a curiosity question, the second just looking for the opinions of others.
I also try to remember to turn off the circuit, but I often find it lit two days later when I have forgotten.  No harm, it seems.  Yes, I always unplug any tool when changing blades.
Al (doc1)
Mines been on nearly non stop for 5 years now... not sure if that's right or not.
I generally unplug when I come in for the day.  A habit which remains from when I had young kids.  I always unplug when changing the blade.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
I have turned mine off only once or two since I got it years ago.
My ics has rotary disconnect. I use that for changing blades.
I turn off the levered saw ready switch when I leave shop.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I leave mine on if I'm in and out of the shop on a daily basis. I'f I'm going to be away for a while - long weekends, vacations, etc.,- I turn it off. I turn it off off if I'm changing blades and doing other maintenance on or handling of the saw that requires me to contact or handle the blade.
I leave mine unplugged when it's not in use and always unplugged to change blades.
My MM16 has a circuit that stays on all time.
I unplug the saw. Maybe fear of lightening strike hitting the shop and burning it out.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

What's the definition of "energized circuit"?

I normally turn off the master switch when I'm not there, but I forget sometimes.  

I always turn off the master switch when changing blades.

I never unplug the saw, unless I'm doing a very thorough shop cleaning and want the cord out of the way to sweep.

I did have one incident with the saw after I left the master on when I was out of the shop.  I was using the dado stack and dado cartridge.  I stopped for lunch.  When I came back, I found that the dado cartridge had released and was jammed against the dado stack.  The stack wasn't buried into the brake block, but it took some doing to get the stack and dado cartridge off without damaging my dado stack.  I contacted customer service and told them.  They sent me a new cartridge and I sent them the now-fired cartridge so they could do forensics.  I never did hear what they found out.