Crazy Tool Prices
For the last few days I've been seeing ads on Facebook for a company called Outletfix.  They are selling kits from the major tool manufacturers at very low prices.  Add a .com after their name and see for yourself.  One example is a Milwaukee 15 tool 18V lithium-ion cordless tool kit for $138.84 delivered.  Being on Facebook makes me wonder if this is company is for real.  I'm curious if anyone here has ever heard of them or maybe even ordered from them?
WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY too good to be true.

Review site
(07-12-2018, 04:38 PM)sweensdv2 Wrote: For the last few days I've been seeing ads on Facebook for a company called Outletfix.  They are selling kits from the major tool manufacturers at very low prices.  Add a .com after their name and see for yourself.  One example is a Milwaukee 15 tool 18V lithium-ion cordless tool kit for $138.84 delivered.  Being on Facebook makes me wonder if this is company is for real.  I'm curious if anyone here has ever heard of them or maybe even ordered from them?

Title: outletfix.com

Domain Age: 23 Days
Last Refreshed: Just now 
Website Speed: Fast

Organisation: Domain Whois Privacy Protection Service
Owner: Whois Agent
Owner Address: Room3001, No. 707 Zhangyang Road, Shanghai 
Owner City: shanghai
Owner Postcode: 200122
Phone Number: +86.2151697771 [Image: cn.png]
Phone Type: geographic :Shanghai, SH 
Email: [Image: imageEmail.php?email=eXVtaW5neWluc2liYW9...mRucy5jb20] [Image: cn.png]
(07-12-2018, 06:15 PM)Huxleywood Wrote: And that's all you really need to know about this -  just in case you were born a minute ago.

Title: outletfix.com

Domain Age: 23 Days
Last Refreshed: Just now 
Website Speed: Fast

Organisation: Domain Whois Privacy Protection Service
Owner: Whois Agent
Owner Address: Room3001, No. 707 Zhangyang Road, Shanghai 
Owner City: shanghai
Owner Postcode: 200122
Phone Number: +86.2151697771 [Image: cn.png]
Phone Type: geographic :Shanghai, SH 
Email: [Image: imageEmail.php?email=eXVtaW5neWluc2liYW9...mRucy5jb20] [Image: cn.png]

The funniest thing is its return policy in which they say return shipping is free, only to contradict itself a few lines later that the buyer is responsible for the return shipping cost.

Also the item returned must be unwashed, unworn.... Wonder which clothing store's return policy they have copied and pasted.

Simon
Order something and see what happens, then report back here so we don't make the same mistake.
Winkgrin
I flagged the ads on Facebook and this was their response;

"Thanks for your feedback
You did the right thing by letting us know about this. We looked at the ad you reported, and though it does not go against our Ad Policies we understand that such ads are of the kind you may not want to see. We will not show you this ad in future.
We'll use this feedback to improve the quality of ads on our platforms and the ads we show you. Please continue to 'Report' Ads that you think don't belong on our platforms and/or are misleading, offensive or inappropriate.
Click here to review and manage your ad preferences"

I will let you all decide what that response means.
(07-13-2018, 12:32 PM)sweensdv2 Wrote: I flagged the ads on Facebook and this was their response;

"Thanks for your feedback
You did the right thing by letting us know about this. We looked at the ad you reported, and though it does not go against our Ad Policies we understand that such ads are of the kind you may not want to see. We will not show you this ad in future.
We'll use this feedback to improve the quality of ads on our platforms and the ads we show you. Please continue to 'Report' Ads that you think don't belong on our platforms and/or are misleading, offensive or inappropriate.
Click here to review and manage your ad preferences"

I will let you all decide what that response means.

It means that the amount of work necessary to be sure it's a scam is too much to really check it out, but that you are likely right.  The big question is now what does their algorithm do to pick ads to show you: does it try to leave off scams, or does it cut out ads for woodworking tools?
(07-13-2018, 03:52 PM)Alan S Wrote: It means that the amount of work necessary to be sure it's a scam is too much to really check it out, but that you are likely right.  The big question is now what does their algorithm do to pick ads to show you: does it try to leave off scams, or does it cut out ads for woodworking tools?

Facebook is a joke.  They don't care about scams, all they care about is accumulating data from users and selling it; heck, their algorithm's put that ad in front of the OP and the scammer paid facebook for placing it there.  It's cha-ching, 24/7 for facebook.  I quit them several years ago.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(07-13-2018, 07:52 PM)Admiral Wrote: Facebook is a joke.  They don't care about scams, all they care about is accumulating data from users and selling it; heck, their algorithm's put that ad in front of the OP and the scammer paid facebook for placing it there.  It's cha-ching, 24/7 for facebook.  I quit them several years ago.

While there may be a lot of things to hate FB for this really isn't one of them.  In this case they have a random user saying this is a scam, he has not been scammed mind you the user just "thinks" it is a scam.  New website and low prices... Amazon was that once.   We all "know" it is a scam but not one of us has the proof of that currently.