LN Tongue and Groove Planes
(08-05-2018, 10:12 AM)overland Wrote: That's a disadvantage of the metal tongue and groove planes over a matched set of wooden planes: They can't do wider stock without leaving a thin strip that you have to go back and cut with another plane. E.G., if I'm using 1" stock, I use a matched set that works pretty much for anything from 3/4 up. The plane that cuts the tongue will cut the whole 1". The size of of the tongue matters less than this feature.

Very true.  Just this morning I saw a really, really nice matched set (with enclosed handles) that started to puptent my Wranglers when I first fondled them; but that rapidly deflated upon close examination when the groove iron was a beader someone threw into the slot, and the irons on the tongue were wrong as well, and the wedges were clearly not original to the planes.  I didn't need another project plane(s).......
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Thank you Admiral thats exactly what I wanted to know.

Thank you to everyone else as well.
(08-05-2018, 08:31 PM)mongo Wrote: Thank you Admiral thats exactly what I wanted to know.

Thank you to everyone else as well.

I just re-read my post, and the software changed f*o*r*k to fudge, but I figured you got the gist of it.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis