A few tools from dad
(08-26-2018, 08:44 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: IMO, WD40 is one of the most "misused" products on the market today..It is not a good lubricant at all and I would never trust it to prevent rust.....It is intended for use in "displacing water" and for that purpose it is excellent..I have used it to start flooded engines on power company trucks due to high water in hurricanes, and it works..just spray it on the distributor, wires, etc...We stocked it on all our service trucks.
WD-40 is the worst thing in the world to put on tools. I learned about this first hand while sailing. Don't ever put it on your winches, they will gum up and eventually wouldn't even spin...also good to note, if you get any WD-40 on electrical wires, it will eat the plastic coating off the wires and leave them destroyed over time. T-9, no issues like that or gumming up mechanical parts.

WD-40 does work wonders as a cutting fluid for aluminum, other than the smell...I never have gotten used to it and don't expect I ever will.

Carl,

That's an awesome drill!

That's pretty cool, in the box, with the bits and all...that's a cool one!

Alan
(08-25-2018, 01:45 PM)wrx4sabelle Wrote: I folks, haven't posted for a while since I haven't done much.  My dad's health isn't too good and they have slowly been getting rid of 60+ years of junk.  I helped my mom with some cleanup in the garage, going through my dad's tools, etc.  donated some, threw out some, brought home a few.  He wasn't a woodworker, a rough carpenter might be a better term,  but did build things like decks, a giant shed, put a dormer on our house back in NY. Most tools he had were typical home-owner stuff from Sears, the big-box stores, etc., and nothing of value. Many of the few hand tools he had from his dad were stolen back in the late seventies.

Anyway, I don't think these saws are worth saving but thought I'd ask the opinion of the saw folks before I get rid of them. 

I can't read anything on the plate, some say 'Warranted Superior' on the handle, one says Diston (the light handled one).

If nothing else a few pictures for you to browse on a Saturday...

If it was me I would keep the bottom two saws since I do not have a rip and crosscut saws yet.

Here is a link one of our member did for cleaning saw plates

https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthrea...id=6366663

Hope this helps and enjoy the saws. 
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.