I need some help
I'd like to build a wood cello stand for my son. It's a simple thing: an open box, padded on the inside, that the cello rests in upright when it's not being played. One detail is that the box has  got to sit above the floor a couple inches because there's a hole in the middle to accept the cello's end pin. Usually there's a skirt around the bottom  that holds it up a little, or feet at the corners that essentially look like part of a skirt. Both not only hold the box up a little, they also stick out a little ways beyond the sides, probably to add stability. 

My question is this: how should I attach them--either the skirt or the feet--so they don't get knocked off?

thanks.
I had to google "cello stand" to get an understanding of what you're talking about.  Based on the examples I saw, I would cut  pieces of 2X material (2X2 or 2X4) to the length you want the box off of the floor, and attach them with long screws through the base plate of the box at each corner.  Then attach the skirt (many of the examples I saw only had a short partial skirt at each corner) to the legs and bottom edge of the box with wood glue, and maybe some brads.  There would certainly be more elegant ways to do the joinery, but, please don't take offense, I assumed from your question that you are not an advanced woodworker.
Bob
(10-11-2018, 11:46 PM)violet94 Wrote: I'd like to build a wood cello stand for my son. It's a simple thing: an open box, padded on the inside, that the cello rests in upright when it's not being played. One detail is that the box has  got to sit above the floor a couple inches because there's a hole in the middle to accept the cello's end pin. Usually there's a skirt around the bottom  that holds it up a little, or feet at the corners that essentially look like part of a skirt. Both not only hold the box up a little, they also stick out a little ways beyond the sides, probably to add stability. 

My question is this: how should I attach them--either the skirt or the feet--so they don't get knocked off?

thanks.

My friend makes these.  They are outstanding.  Zither Music Company.  Brenham Tx.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1565/4...1509545770