Friday Blue Light Special Shark Brand gouges and chisels
Here we have a collection of 12 “Shark Brand” gouges and bevel edge chisels by Eric Anton Berg made in Eskilstuna Sweden about 1960..They carry the Shark logo on the handle and the shank.. I have owned them for approx 35 or 40 years. Some have never been sharpened since they were new...For many years Sweden used water power for generating electricity  to smelt their tool steel...This resulted in steel that was considered the very best on the market for the manufacture of tools, because it didn't have the impurities {producing uncertain results} that was found when coal was used. This quality has been proven over the years and “Shark Brand” has become much more valuable to craftsmen who know and use their tools...They HOLD their value just as the top brands do today, many of which are priced new at $60.00 each and up...
   The eight gouges starting from the left are  sized by mm and fractions..........
                                                                                                                                                                                                           1 1/2", 1 1/4", 1", 7/8", 3/4", 5/8, 7/16", 3/8".........The four beveled edged chisels on the right are sized 1”, 3/4”, 1/2” and 3/8”..They are all slightly patinated but no signs of rust...Many will need to be sharpened....The set will make a great Christmas gift..and one that will appreciate in value over the years if you take care of them.
    Selling the 12 for $275.00 plus flat rate shipping and insurance...First PM with unequivical “I'll take them”..USA sale only {sorry}, Paypal friends and family only...Thanks for looking...Merry Christmas!!! Jack

[Image: P1030652.jpg]
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Wow; they are great tools and you are pricing them very reasonably. Very nice set.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(12-07-2018, 02:33 PM)Admiral Wrote: Wow; they are great tools and you are pricing them very reasonably.  Very nice set.

Thanks Rich...Just wanting to pass them on to a woodnetter before they end up in an estate sale or the auction that shall not be named.....
Laugh

Get off my lawn !
Upset

Worth mentioning that these red handled Berg chisels are the ones favored by Garrett Hack:

(12-07-2018, 03:52 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: Worth mentioning that these red handled Berg chisels are the ones favored by Garrett Hack:
I have always respected Garrett Hack and bought one of his planes years ago when he had a boothe in a Vermont Antique Center..He knows tools!!!!
Yes But I didn't know that he favored Shark Brand..He could have his choice of any on the market.

Get off my lawn !
Upset

Exactly: Garrett could use any chisels: he chose the Berg Swedish chisels. I keep my Berg's for paring tasks, although they are excellent all-around chisels. You don't see these much: probably since no one wants to part with them!

(12-07-2018, 04:16 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: ...............
I have always respected Garrett Hack and bought one of his planes years ago when he had a boothe in a Vermont Antique Center..He knows tools!!!!
Yes  But I didn't know that he favored Shark Brand..He could have his choice of any on the market.
That's less than $23 a piece folks! I been spending too much lately but I'm tempted. Someone save me!
Big Grin
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
(12-08-2018, 06:59 PM)alanealane Wrote: That's less than $23 a piece folks! I been spending too much lately but I'm tempted. Someone save me!
Big Grin

If it were not for the paypal-only part, I probably could not resist.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Chisels are sold....Thanks for looking....

Get off my lawn !
Upset

Im glad someone bought those. I looked at this thread several times over the last couple days and was so tempted to buy them.